News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Weekend Project

Started by ilikeguitars01, December 03, 2012, 09:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilikeguitars01

I spent my weekend with the R2G2 and the Zenith pedals. I always forget to order knobs....

angrykoko

Nice builds.

I have the same issue with knobs, I always forget to order them then flog myself because I'll have to eat another shipping cost.

How do they sound?
I've only built 2 from them (Aeon and SWAW), the SWAW is cool but the Aeon is blah and noisy to me.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

midwayfair

nice work.

The solution to the "knobs" problem is to convince yourself it's because you need fancy, unusual knobs that must be ordered from a different source than Tayda. You'll never kick yourself for forgetting them ever again!

Here's some dedicated knob sources:
http://www.beavisaudio.com/techpages/Knobs/knobs.htm

icecycle66

I also forget about knobs.  I wonder what the deal with that is.

My Radio Shack carries MXR and Boss style knobs. 
They get a lot of business from me.

GermanCdn

Nice builds, how did you find the new fabbed boards for building?  I ordered pretty much every board I hadn't built when Barry put the fabbed boards out, but I'm finding that since the holes are smaller than on most other fab boards out there, it makes ensuring you get really solid connections a bit of a pain.  Doesn't affect the final product, just a process thing.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

slimtriggers

How do you like the R2?  I took advantage of the BOGO over there and got a couple R2G2 boards.  Mine's almost done :)

culturejam

If you need to stock up on the staple types of knobs:
http://bitcheslovemyswitches.com/
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

angrykoko

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

ilikeguitars01

That's the nicest knob I have seen in a long time.  :o

hammerheadmusicman

I am not sure how to say these words, for fear of it sounding to weird, but that is a snazzy looking knob!
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..