News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Gravy Train (Tweaked OD250)

Started by raulduke, December 04, 2012, 01:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

Heres one I completed last week.

Its a slightly tweaked OD250/Dist + circuit, with selectable Assymetrical/Symmetrical clipping.

The assymetrical is using your standard 1N4148's.

The symmetrical is using some old OA202's which I have a small stock of. After going through all my diode collection (germanium, silicon, LED's etc.) these sounded the best to my ears, so in they went.

I love the OD250/Dist + circuit. Its so simple, but is sounds really great.

Hope you guys like the piccies!

Ettore_M

That's just awesome, raulduke! I really like the result!  ;)
I love the Dist+, too! It was the first pedal I built and absolutely fell in love with it! Unfortunately, a friend of mine "confiscated" it, because he liked so much!  ;D
As always, the PCB design is exceptional! The "arc" traces were a nice touch, BTW! :D

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

gtr2

Looking good, as usual!

Wish I could find that paint  ;)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Bluestrat

Beautiful, Love the knobs. Great work!

Bret608

Looks great! I just built up CJ's Plus-Dist last week, and just need some pots to test it out. I'm not doing a switch for the diodes, but will definitely socket so as to try different types. I didn't have all the parts, so I had fun digging through the parts bin at work for a few caps and resistors. Dare I say it has bit of mojo! At least to me it does.

Quick question--could I get some slight assymetrical-ness by mixing silicon and germanium, or two different germaniums? I liked Chromesphere's demo video, and I think that is what he did (maybe 1n4148 and a GE trannie used as a diode?). I'm thinking 1n4148 and 1n270 as a starting point.

electricstorm

Looks retro man! Really like your work, looks really neat as far as the wiring goes.
ElectricStorm

No current affiliations

Lovetone Flanger  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3v4twi2sbs0l5p7/1Ep9NbRE2T

midwayfair

Beautiful work as always.

Looked up the OA202s ... holy crap they're expensive!

raulduke

Thanks for the comments guys!

Josh; the paint is 'old stock' hammerite (Finnegans). It's not made anymore; mores the pitty as its really nice stuff.

Bret; I would say 'socket and see' with your clipping diodes. Try whatever combination you like as there are no rules, and you'll find something cool I'm sure!

Got a small stash (around 30) of the OA202's. To my ears they sound really nice in the 'hard clipping' arrangement (eg. Dist +), but not as good in feedback loops (eg. TS).

LaceSensor

any spare boards mate?
I built a vintage spec 250 for a client and really miss it.
I have some metal can RCA chips that need to go somewhere

micromegas

gotta say that I love your designs
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io