News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

King Bee--my honeydripper

Started by octa805, January 06, 2013, 07:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

octa805

Thanks Rej for the lighted knob boards and for the help getting them set up. Of course, it was way easier than I was making it out to be. :) Next time I need to find the ultrabright 3mm LEDs tho but I'm still stoked.

I also am super stoked with the graphic. Just an inkjet waterslide but this new clear coat I found is superthick and really makes it look nice.

Things I did wrong this time---wasn't paying any attention and put the big switch on the wrong side. Ugh. Had to undo about 20 joints to get it out and flip it over. That was just dumb. Also mis-measured my holes a bit and ended up with a big droopy slit for the big switch just to cram the board in. also left that special nut off the 4 way switch and it turned into a 12 way for a bit until I figured that out.

Things I did right-first lighted knobs! Managed to cram the DC jack in a real crowded space. Also managed to cover up my cruddy drilljob so it looks just fine :). First build with my new Hakko 888. Holy cow is that thing great.

Also.......fired up first time and sounds great! To me, this is exactly what pedals should be about. A totally fun sound you can play and experiment with forever. Clean boosts and stuff are neat but when I want to use a pedal, I want it to really change my sound completely and get weird. The honeydripper is great for that!

Thanks everyone for the help as always. Always learning and having fun. Next up......

either I go back and try to refine my wah, fix up that perf fiendmaster that is only halfway there OR........

DIRTBAG. Yikes!

hoodoo

great looking build mate, alot of stuff in a little box ;D

televisiondown

Looks great! What's the clear coat you use?
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

midwayfair

Insanely cute bee there. :) (Nice tidy guts, too.)

octa805

Quote from: midwayfair on January 07, 2013, 01:10:27 AM
Insanely cute bee there. :) (Nice tidy guts, too.)

Thanks!

3 years, 10 builds and my first "tidy guts" comment. YES!