News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tap tempo phaser

Started by djaaz, October 31, 2012, 04:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djaaz

Weird idea i know. But there are some out there and even if this is not a feature i would use very often, am i the only one who thought more than once having two of them in a single pedalboard with different speed set?

Actually, this will allow with Jakob's board for delay, Taylor's tremolo to have a single dedicated momentary switch pedal to control the tempo of three effect at once with a jack running from it to the three pedals somehow.

jubal81

I've been thinking about doing this very thing. It's on the drawing board to tackle in the next few months.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jkokura

The taptation boards are not optimized for this purpose, they're set up for delays primarily. However, I'm learning how to apply them to other effects along with Pickdropper to work on another project. The plan on my part is to work out how to produce a small PCB that can be utilized with LFO based effects, particularly things like Phasers, Vibes, and Trems. In theory, one PCB could be applied to an OTA based Phaser, a JFET based Phaser, a Vactrol based Vibe/Trem, or a transistor based Trem. At least, that's what the Taptation datasheet seems to be telling me...

So, in theory, yes this is possible. And because you can simply run the same tap switch in parallel, because all it is is a normally open momentary switch to ground, yes you could have a DIY trem, phaser, and delay on your board synced.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

The Stage Fright will have an option for a switch so you can disconnect the LFO and drive the phase section with a control voltage. So, you may be able to find some kind of integration there.

djaaz

A bit of googling gave me that, real nice sounding phaser.

Brian, The stage frighter will be based on what phaser?