News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dynamic Overdrive..

Started by Bassman, December 23, 2012, 12:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassman

Just finished up a Landgraff Dynamic Overhype aka a TS808 with clipping options.  I subbed BC549's for the trannies and use an OPA2134 for the IC.  For the clipping options I used 1N914's for the Asymmetric and 2 green 3mm LEDs (didn't have any reds on hand).  I have to say I like the green LED's.

This has a very full, creamy yet slightly raw OD sound which is exactly what I was hoping for!

I kinda flubbed on the switch position (should have lowered it just slightly) but I am getting better with laying out my decals :D

fendman

Very nice clean build...the carbon res always look good and the blue Led. Yes you make good vero board builds and you have me at it now..lol  As if I haven't enough builds on the go.

I will probably build this to :)

The component cabinet behind looks dated with the leather grips, you must be as old as me ::)

Merry Xmas fella, have a good one ;)

Bassman

Thanks fendman  8)

I'm not quite as old as that case in the pic ;) .  I saved that from the trash at work when we were updating our tool boxes.

fendman

I just realised that I have built this in the form of the Rockbox boiling point...I used BC549C  instead of what was used which I think were mpsa18 .

The IC was JRC4558 ... and the only other difference was a SPST sw with 470n one side and 220n on the other for bass  the other sw was clip.

Might try that IC in it though :)

I love the sustain you get with these OD pedals