News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rockbox Boiling point

Started by fendman, December 16, 2012, 06:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fendman

This build is a vero by Ivlark which I found a few months back. I did have problems with the build, I could get the signal to the output of the board and then dead after that.

I happened to see Bassman did a build of a 4 knob compressor by Ivlark...looking at the wiring of his stomp switch it was definately different to mine. Well  I found a diagram that matched his wiring and all was cured thanks Bassman.

The unit sounds awsome and I am really pleased with it.I left the sockets in the vero just in case I want to change more components which didn't help in getting the lid on!!

I did the enclosure with acrylics black,white and orange and clear coated. So it is similar to the boutique model in style. :-[ I am not very good at finishing enclosures lol but I try.

I must say the hardest part was shoe horning everything in to this eddystone enclosure which was really on the small side 111mm x 60 x 31  plus the switches had the caps and diodes tagged on them...but it was great fun :)

midwayfair

Really nice swirl on that ... looks more like an oil painting than most of the more "fluid" swirls you see out there. Great job!

Jmilla

Really cool, would you mind sharing where you found the layout?? :)

pickdropper

Quote from: Jmilla on December 16, 2012, 08:03:15 AM
Really cool, would you mind sharing where you found the layout?? :)

Check out tagboardeffects.com

Very cool build, btw.  I've not heard the boiling point.  How does it sound compared to a stock TS?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jkokura

It's similar Dave, but I like it better. Having built up my proto, I'm surprised at the additional mods sounding as good as they do. It's the first circuit I prefer led clipping I've played.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Bassman

Wow :D  Glad I could be of some help!  It looks great  ;D

pickdropper

Quote from: jkokura on December 16, 2012, 09:46:18 AM
It's similar Dave, but I like it better. Having built up my proto, I'm surprised at the additional mods sounding as good as they do. It's the first circuit I prefer led clipping I've played.

Jacob

Cool.  I'll probably give it a run when you start selling the boards.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

fendman

Thanks for the kind comments guys...was not expected. I think most of the questions were  answered, I did find this cct which is so close to the build, and it is the one I used to follow the vero build.

I ended up using BC549c transistors...the tone pot I used was a 4k7 as I didn't have a 2k lin. The clip diodes were red 3mm on one side and 4x 1n4148's on the other, and the caps on the other switch were 470nf and 220nf.

Dave... Yes jacob is right on there,  the switches  add some great tonality to the pedal, the plexi is good. I tried this pedal behind  josh's multiplex  this morning and WOW it gave it some lift..sounded certainly Pink Floydish . I put this build having as good a sound as the boutique models that cost a fortune...weird after all it is only a TS...but if Jacob can come up with a board for this I would have one.