News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sea Urchin with Slambox boost

Started by LaceSensor, December 19, 2012, 12:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Guitarist I know wanted to have a delay that he can kick in for solo's that also has a boost in series to lift everything. He wanted something analog, but I suggested the Deep Blue Delay and he liked it, so went with that, plus a Zvex SHO Slambox at the end. The nice part is I added a toggle to kill the delay line so that it can be used as a standalone boost.

Graphics incorporate the Bands logo, and a 5mm blue LED (which I hate but he wanted it...)
Not the prettiest innards. I also had to add a battery lead as a request...

marmaliser

Looks great lace and a great idea (might just pinch it)

The dbd  is a great circuit i have 2 waiting to box up......just cba to get the drill out though

nzCdog

Very cool idea 8)
I like the toggle switch, be interesting to hear how the delay overdrives when the SHO is cranking too... (Maybe I should just get my pedals out and have a listen ::))
Nice job! ;D

LaceSensor

Boost is post delay, it didn't sound great ahead of it...

Thanks guys

Stomptown

Not sure if I've told you this but I love your graphic style. Very distinctive!

LaceSensor

Quote from: Stumptown on December 19, 2012, 09:01:15 PM
Not sure if I've told you this but I love your graphic style. Very distinctive!

Thanks. Its stolen from Lovetone, my fave effects brand.
Ive kinda started to just do toner transfers on coloured boxes which I quite like, used to do full colour images with vinyl decals but they arent robust and start to flake out (especially clear coat). This method is kinda like a monochrome screen print which I feel looks quite professional, and is easy / reliable and long lasting.

Stomptown

I would love some more info on how to do the toner transfer.  I am pretty much done with waterslide decals. I'm also tired of them peeling up. Is it the same process as PCB toner transfer or modified??? I guess my concern would be the heat ruining the paint job. Any tips would be great!

LaceSensor

I use PNP Blue. You need some isopropyl alcohol to clean it after - some boxes more or less of the blue stuff gets carried over too. This doesnt lift up the toner.

I heat the case with an iron, then lay the transfer on, and then smooth it over with folded up paper. You can also reapply the iron. Pretty simple really. Cool under cold water tap, peel off, sorted.

Stomptown

Quote from: LaceSensor on December 20, 2012, 09:25:15 AM
I use PNP Blue. You need some isopropyl alcohol to clean it after - some boxes more or less of the blue stuff gets carried over too. This doesnt lift up the toner.

I heat the case with an iron, then lay the transfer on, and then smooth it over with folded up paper. You can also reapply the iron. Pretty simple really. Cool under cold water tap, peel off, sorted.

So The alcohol will remove the blue residue? Akso, do you apply a clear coat or leave it as is?

LaceSensor

Quote from: Stumptown on December 20, 2012, 10:37:15 AM
Quote from: LaceSensor on December 20, 2012, 09:25:15 AM

So The alcohol will remove the blue residue? Akso, do you apply a clear coat or leave it as is?

As is.