News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

You Dirty Rat

Started by patrickbrose, December 20, 2012, 08:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrickbrose

This is the first pedal that I have built in about 9 months  :o  I took a bit of a building hiatus to work on a few guitars, but once the weather turned grey, it felt time to get the iron out and do a few builds. So this is the first. It is a Rat Clone (Slow Loris PCB by the bean). Did it in the mammoth textured black enclosure (very cool finish btw) Red hardware and the 2 little LEDs are clippers for the "turbo" setting (I like watching them flicker as I play). No on/off LED yet, just haven't gotten to it. I love the way this thing sounds. It does't really like my active EMG85 pickups (glitches out and sounds overloaded when the pups are up full, but when I back off the guitar volume to about 80% it works fine), but with passives it sounds great.
I was looking at the voltage on the Jfet, and I get a reading at the source of 6.75v, which seems a bit high (most references state it to be about 3v, but go on to say anything above 3v is good, so I dunno   ::)  ) At any rate it screams! Enjoy.
-P

Ettore_M

Nicely done! Super tidy!  ;)

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

hoodoo

Looks great mate, love the vero idea for the 2 LED's, never seen that before, all the best, Matt.

fendman

Hey Hector, nice build glad I saw this now..this is one of the boards I got from Brian today.

I like the the idea of the leds on the outside..cool. Its always good to see builds that you are about to start..thanks

wolfingsworth

This looks great! Very nice guts...

nzCdog

This is great!  Nice use of red on black... I bet it looks mean with those clippers lighting up

MattOcaster

Awesome stuff!
Simple and classy!
Really dig the red on black.
Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com