News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2 More Compressor Builds...

Started by Bassman, December 16, 2012, 09:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassman

Just finished up 2 more 4-Knob Compressor builds for a couple friends.  Everything went really well until I plugged both of them in for testing.  Neither one would bypass.  One was shorting out the input tip lug on the enclosure through the heat shrink  :?  so a piece of white decal paper fixed that one up.  The other was a bit trickier but it turned out to be a badly manufactured mono jack on the output (the tip was too long and wasn't contacting the correct part of the plug).  I got that swapped out and all is right with the world.

On the upside, I now know that the audio probe I built a couple weeks ago works swimmingly :D  Found both issues with it within a minute of beginning troubleshooting   ;D

DutchMF

Cool lookin' brothers! What is that enclosure? Gold sparkle, I could get my wife interested in those.... You have some lucky friends!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Bassman

Quote from: DutchMF on December 16, 2012, 12:38:41 PM
Cool lookin' brothers! What is that enclosure? Gold sparkle, I could get my wife interested in those.... You have some lucky friends!

Paul

Thanks man  8)

They are Vintage Orange Sparkle Translucent pre-painted from Mammoth. 

fendman

Well Baseman glad you got them both working...really nice work. I have two plastic 3080's so you have given me the excuse to make at least one ;)

lincolnic

nzCdog

Bassman

Thanks guys  8)  I had a lot of fun with these... now off to finish up about 15 other projects  :D

hammerheadmusicman

Do you have a schematic for this one dude? Just troubleshooting my build, would be easier with a schem! Thought I'd find it if I needed it and now I can't!

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

hammerheadmusicman

^ Cancel the last, have found it, thanks anyway :)

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..