News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BYOC Group Buy

Started by madbean, December 07, 2010, 06:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

For those of you that do not frequent the BYOC forums: there is a group buy of pots and switches going on with some major savings available. I believe the last quote was $.67 / pot and $2.45 / 3PDT. Here's the thread:
http://www.buildyourownclone.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28030

CRBMoA

I am one of the two guys helping to organize this. Thanks 'Bean for the endorsement.

If you are wondering how you can afford to buy bits for your boxes, Group Buys are one of the primary ways I have accumulated stock in the past couple of years, and it has saved me TONS of money.

CRBMoA

masterlk

When is the cut off to get orders in?

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

CRBMoA

Trying to beat the holiday rush, and DC and I have been brewing this for a month. I am pretty sure he wants to be pulling the trigger early next week.

karter2000

I'd be into some pots....just have to figure out what I need.

jkokura

Chris, how do I get in?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

dcountry13

Thanks Madbean and CRBMOA for pushing this. Trying to get this locked up by the weekend. We are a little short on 3PDT numbers right now (Need 500, right now about 380), so I may extend it a day or two. I want to try and order by Monday 12/13, though.

This is a great deal, you will be hard pressed to find 3PDT even close to this price without having to order at least 100 yourself, and even then the price won't be as low.

Basic instructions:

So my estimates are still:
$0.67 for Linear, Alpha and Reverse Taper Pots.
$2.45 for 3PDTs. Assuming we get to 500. WE ARE GETTING CLOSE.
$4.95 shipping for about 45-55 pieces (maybe more). $5-$10 on over that (Rnagoda-type amounts) depending how far you are from Chris.
$1-$4 (Obviously more, if you order more) Paypal fees. Basically $.30 plus 2.9% of total sending.

You guys can start sending me your "orders" to me at dcountry13@hotmail.com. I will be sending out Paypal invoices later in the week.

Here is what I need in your "order e-mail"........

SUBJECT: POT SWITCH

1. Real Name (First and Last)
2. BYOC Name or Madbeanpedals Username Name
3. Paypal Address (Don't leave this out, I will not assume it is your e-mail address)
4. Shipping Address (Once again, I will not assume the Paypal address is correct, so include)
5. Number of 3PDT Switches (if you want none, please indicate "NO Switches" )
6. Pot Order. Try to keep it Organized. Something like this:
A5K – 10
A50K -15
A100K Dual Gang -20
B100K – 5
B1M – 9,995 (!)
C10K – 20

***If you want Dual Gang please indicate Dual Gang.

Here is the link again for the pots that 16mm Solder Lug Pots that Mammoth carries:
http://www.mammothelectronics.com/category-s/49.htm

****Reminders****

** You must order in 5 Pot Intervals. No "one" or "two" of each.

**The Linear, Alpha and Reverse taper are all the same price so order freely.

**Dual Gangs are available, but may or not get discounted because of lack of numbers (they are not included in the 500 quantity discount), but they are cheap (start @ $1.45?) and Mammoth does offer discounts over 10 or more, but you can order them if you wish. You may pay full price, I will know as the numbers come in and keep you posted.

**They do not have B100k Dual Gang pots, they may not have 1 or 2 others you are looking for, but this were the one that stuck out at me. Mammoth does not plan on having these B100K Dual Gangs for 8 weeks, so don't order 'em.

Let's get this going, as once it runs into the holidays we all know things slow down.

gtrplaya101

Deff think I am gonna get in on this!

Haberdasher

I'm in by the weekend for sure.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

stecykmi

any objection to ship to canada?

Haberdasher

bump for others to get in on this deal.

I have placed my order for some pots and a dozen switches.

Chris, are you guys getting close to 500 on the 3pdts yet?
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

dcountry13

We are at 550 switches and 1400+ pots, so prices are as expected. $.67 per pot and $2.45 per switch.  Ending tomorrow (Tuesday) at 12:00 Noon EST. I will start invoicing some "orders" tonight. Get your paypal accounts fired up. We need to get paid by everyone in order to order. Chris and I have spent our allowances on cheap Liquor and cheaper women, so we can not lay out payment for anyone.

Quote from: stecykmi on December 09, 2010, 11:26:50 PM
any objection to ship to canada?

No problem. You can get about 55-65 pots/switches in a Small Flat Rate Box, that will be $11.45 to Canada.

Remember you can e-mail "orders" to me at dcountry13@hotmail.com

madbean

Well, if cheap liquor and women had been included in this it might have turned out differently!