News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

[Non MBP] 22/7

Started by alanp, December 29, 2012, 04:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

I wouldn't post this here, except that I don't think I've seen this kind of labelling done.

I engraved the lettering by hand with my dremel with the sharp pointy attachment, and then filled in the groove with indian ink (this stuff lasts for ages from just a tiny bottle!) So far, it's worked out quite hardy, as I did it before drilling and it lived through getting clamped up in the vice, and thrown around the desk while being finished up, all with NO clearcoat. I might have to use this method again, the only problem I had was misjudging how much room the washers and knobs would take up.

Most people will know what this is -- a Run Off Groove 22/7, an approximation of PI (aka a big muff), all done with NOT logic gates -- no opamps, transistors, or FETs were utilized in the making of this pedal. It is even more impossible to get a clean sound out of this than with the Chunk Chunk!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nzCdog

Hehe... You tattooed your pedal! 8)
What in interesting idea, using NOT gates like that!  I feel some reading coming on
Well done mate... clean is for wimps anyhow ;)

stecykmi

Quote from: nzCdog on December 29, 2012, 04:27:35 PM
What in interesting idea, using NOT gates like that!  I feel some reading coming on

it uses the same device as the snarkdoodle, aka tube sound fuzz. many people don't realize the cd4049 (the entire CMOS cd4xxxx series, in fact) was designed for digital logic circuits, it was not intended for analog circuits. the technology is outdated now, one would now design on programmable hardware, but it's possible to construct simple computers using those chips.