News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cosmo - Snarkdoodle - Mudbunny

Started by angrykoko, January 02, 2013, 01:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angrykoko

More builds I've had done for a while.

A Cosmopolitan (yeah, it's a cool pedal).
This one looks great in person, love this pedal.
This is one of my early builds.. opening it up I think I should clean up the wiring a bit.

Next is a Snarkdoodle (RedLlama).
One of my fav's and sooo simple.
Again, this was one of my early builds and opening it up I think I'll clean up the wiring on this one too, maybe use some shielded wire on the input.

And who doesnt have a Mudbunny? 
I like the way this one looks too in person, I had some other gliphs on it but peeled them off, it looks very 80's to me which I love.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

DutchMF

Those are some very cool looking builds, dude! Specially like the graphics on the Snarkdoodle/Medusa, thats one loud pedal, no? Good stuff!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Loztboy

nzCdog

Insane graphics!  Is that the pulzar pro stuff?  Looking awesome! 8)

angrykoko

Quote from: nzCdog on January 03, 2013, 02:54:11 AM
Insane graphics!  Is that the pulzar pro stuff?  Looking awesome! 8)

Thanks!
No, it's all adhesive vinyl.  I use my wife's Silhouette machine more than she does :)
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Im digging the look of these graphics. That vinyl stuff cames out really good, the medusa really caught my eye. Is it a hard process to apply?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

angrykoko

If I can do it then naaaa, it's not hard  ;D

What sucks is that the vinyl is just like a sticker (it has a backing that you have to peel away to expose the glue).  Well, the vinyl I have pulls away from the backing too easily so letters get pulled up during the cutting in the machine (I"ve learned to make duplicates and triplicates when cutting). 

After the machine cuts (and mangles some ) you have to pull away the parts of the vinyl you dont want, this takes a lot of time and patients because everything wants to pull off the backing including the bits you want to keep, I use an exacto knife to hold down what needs to stay or re-align the pieces.  This again is where I wish the vinyl stuck to the backing a bit more.

After that it's just a matter of using this transfer paper (think of post-it pad like paper with the sticky stuff all on the back) that you pick up what you want and put it on the pedal (trying your best to align it).

You could always do the inverse too and pull away the letters after the cut and use the remainder as a paint mask.

I'm still learning how to effectivly do the vinyl, but getting a little beter.