News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Volume pot in Boost Schematic?

Started by Chinchen, January 06, 2013, 03:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chinchen

Hi all. I am new to this so please be gentle....

(EDITED)

I built a little lpb-1 boost circuit and I need to wire the volume pot to it. Problem I am having is that none of the schematics I find show the POT/SWITCH relationship. Please help me understand the relationship of a volume pot to the circuit AND SWITCH. If I wire it up like this:

Where do I put the pot?

I also have a fishman preamp from an acoustic guitar that I want in the same box. The pre has a level and tone control knobs. The setup is for my acoustic mandolin equipped with a soundboard transducer. I think I want the pre before the boost? Not sure where to start with getting the pre to be "on" always and the boost on the switch with level controlled by the pot...sorry if this is a dumb question.

Here is the tech sheet for the preamp:
http://www.marcandella.ch/WG3/FISHMAN/separate_onboard_preamps/AGP-2_OwnersManual.pdf

This is the boost schematic:

Thanks!!
Jason

pryde

The volume control is at the end of the schematic (100k).

Wiring this potentiometer would be:

Lug 1 goes to ground
Lug 2 is the output of the circuit
The 0.15uf capacitor is connected to Lug 3

Check the pic for reference

Chinchen

Thanks...duh. Is that the top of the pot in your pic? or the back?.....top, ok but then

"lug 2 is the output of the circuit"....which one goes to the output jack? The middle one, right?

The pot goes between the circuit and the output jack? That pic isnt showing wires, just the relationship of the lugs to the schematic, right?

How does the switch relate to this? I need images. :-\

midwayfair

pryde

Your output wiring would go like this:

middle lug of 100k pot>3pdt switch>output jack

Yes the pot would sit between the circuit and the 3pdt switch

So, this wiring would go like this:

pcb output (0.15uf cap)>lug 3 of pot. Also don't forget to run a wire to ground from lug 1 of the pot.

Did you build a vero of this circuit? If so it may help to post the actual circuit you have built.

Chinchen

Thanks fellas....will work on that after dinner...
Jason

Chinchen

You don't want to see the circuit..... :-X