News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zygote (MOJO Content! Beware!)

Started by jkokura, December 10, 2010, 12:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

Finished my Fuzz Face last night. Goal with this one was to replicate a real Fuzz Face to a certain extent. Mojo parts, including Modern AC128's from a guy in the Czech Republic, Carbon Comp resistors, Axial Film and AE Caps, and of course, Positive Ground wiring. I really dislike doing Positive Ground wiring, just for the record. I hope I never have to think through that mess again.

And the Guts.

Hope you enjoy!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

stevewire

Looks awesome as usual Jacob.  I like those resistors and caps.  Do you have a Fuzz Face with non-carbon comp resistors to compare?  I don't think the PNP wiring is all that bad.  You just have to take a moment to think it out.  No Road Rage in this one?

jkokura

No, I wouldn't have had a road rage board in the other if I could have helped it! I wasn't willing to have the graphics reprinted on that one, cause it was too expensive, that's the only reason why it took the road rage board to finish the rangemaster. This one had the correct graphics so no road rage board.

I don't have a non mojo fuzz face build. I will say this is quite noisy, as is the rangemaster. It's no joke that the film resistors lower noise. I don't think I'll build one like that though, this is enough for me!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

Thanks for the warning "MOJO Content! Beware!"  It allowed me to prepare for the sheer awesomeness I was about to witness  ;D

Nice build Jacob  ;)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer