News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Three builds - yellow shark, sea urchin and game of tones

Started by mysticaxe, January 08, 2013, 11:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mysticaxe

builds 2-4 to report (that I've finished over the last few weeks).  I absolutely love the yellow shark (Clementine drive) and it will be my staple low gain drive.  I gave the echo to my other guitar player, but I've already put together another one on a breadboard that I'm playing with the filtering. The game of tones (Papa Smurf) is fun - i ended up adding a 1n34a , in series with the 1n914.  I'll play it loud tonight to see how that sounds.  What can i say, the building bug has bitten!

midwayfair

Really like the lettering on the echo. I also like your little "mark" with the EKG thingie on all of them.

mysticaxe

I don't have your artistic skills, but I had to do something!  The EKG is something the band I'm in has used as a logo theme for a long time, so I thought I'd add it here.

I'm looking forward to building a couple of yours once the boards show up - one of the compressors and the Blue Warbler.  That and I'm looking at your 1590a yellow shark layout...

nzCdog

Those look great... tidy finishing and unashamedly DIY in style.  Extra mojo points awarded  ;D

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

mshuptar

Very cool art / lettering on the outside! What brand of paint / paint markers did you use? I dig it.

mysticaxe

Thanks!  The paint pens are Craft Smart from Michaels.  I wish they had a finer tip (the fine lines are black Sharpie).