News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

"ALBATROSS" Ross Comp

Started by sirbergersworth, January 09, 2013, 04:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirbergersworth

This is actually more of a rehouse than a build report but what the heck.
Ross Comp I built on JD's GGG dyna/ross board and I must say it sounds fantastic. Very quiet and it has great sustain and bloom. I built it per his build docs.
Originally I had it in a 1590b and I put the input jack and pot to close together and it kept shorting out. I said the heck with that and bought a light gray 1590BB and did the layout more traditionally. Much better now. 1590bb is by far my favorite enclosure.

Original enclosure and rats nest (obviously the one in the middle):

Here is the new enclosure:

Graphics are a pic of a soaring Albatross I snatched from the web.
I did the top with some photo like sticker paper from Office Depot. After I stuck it to the enclosure I sprayed it with some of that ink binder crap you would use on a water slide decal. I then put 10-12 light coats of clear on it. I concentrated on the edges to try to bury them. I hope it lasts but this will return to my gigging board and if it gets f'd up its all good.
The guys are not pretty. My leads in left side of picture were a bit to short and the boards it's a little crooked. I still need to put some double sides tape on pots and stick the board down.
Cheers,
Rob
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter

sirbergersworth

And I thought you guys might have liked this one. I guess printing on a sticker and clear coating is uncool? LMFAO
:-)
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

spaceboss

DutchMF

Very cool finish, that is one nice bird!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"