Main Menu

Just another Dirtbag!

Started by wolfingsworth, January 15, 2013, 02:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

gorgeous build
been a while since ive seen a newborn Dirtbag

Chinchen

QuoteBut it probably does depend on whether or not they need to do any setup.  I set everything up as an .AI file with an etching layer and a registration layer for quicker alignment on the laser bed.  If they have to dial it in for you, I suspect they will charge you for it.

Also, remember to outline the fonts in case the one you use isn't installed on their machine.  I also convert all artwork to vector to avoid pixelation, but that is not necessarily a hard and fast rule.
\

So glad this all makes sense to me....great to be a graphic designer..

alanp

Wolf, nice work ^_^V

What do you think of it? (I tend to think of you as dub-ish (as in reggae and bass), thanks to your comment on my CD Dub Edition and your old Bob avatar.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

pickdropper

Quote from: Chinchen on January 16, 2013, 11:42:56 PM
QuoteBut it probably does depend on whether or not they need to do any setup.  I set everything up as an .AI file with an etching layer and a registration layer for quicker alignment on the laser bed.  If they have to dial it in for you, I suspect they will charge you for it.

Also, remember to outline the fonts in case the one you use isn't installed on their machine.  I also convert all artwork to vector to avoid pixelation, but that is not necessarily a hard and fast rule.
\

So glad this all makes sense to me....great to be a graphic designer..

If you are a graphic designer, then you are certainly more proficient with this than I am.  I just have been hacking my way through Illustrator and learning as I go.  So far, I really dig it.

OP, sorry for the thread derail.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

raulduke

Really nice build dude.

Its not 'just another Dirtbag'... it's a damn fine Dirtbag!

wolfingsworth

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I got my Mouser order and an order of resistors on the same day! It feels like Christmas all over again :D In other words, hopefully soon I will be able to get the double delay going soon (be prepared for stupid questions and frustrated posts ;D)

wolfingsworth

******EDIT*******
see first post

Cortexturizer

great work. I don't really think I would ever attempt making something like this, to me it looks like you've made a pc motherboard bloody hell hahaha.
but then you know what they say...
playing through a deluxe memory man is like making love to a beautiful woman.
you start the vibe on the vibrato setting, then you lean towards her with a touch of laguhter in chorus. you increase the depth of the encounter, but you don't want to blend too much, so you're taking her feedback all the time. when the feedback is just right, you blend all your strengths in full level, you dive through great depths, and you repeat, repeat, repeat all of that until it's in your memory for evermore.

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

wolfingsworth

Quote from: Cortexturizer on January 20, 2013, 08:41:17 AM
great work. I don't really think I would ever attempt making something like this, to me it looks like you've made a pc motherboard bloody hell hahaha.
but then you know what they say...
you start the vibe on the vibrato setting, then you lean towards her with a touch of laguhter in chorus. you increase the depth of the encounter, but you don't want to blend too much, so you're taking her feedback all the time. when the feedback is just right, you blend all your strengths in full level, you dive through great depths, and you repeat, repeat, repeat all of that until it's in your memory for evermore.

HAHA! That is hilarious!

chordball

Beautiful! 4 BBD's is a little intimidating to look at but I like it. ;)

Sounds like you're really satisfied with your build, so I'd like to ask a question. On my dirtbag, I find the repeats to be way too dark. At first I thought I was happy but it just kills the highs way too much for me. I find that I barely get any repeats on higher notes (like say high e string, and it gets progressively worse as I move up the neck). How does yours compare? Is that just the nature of the DMM or should I be looking for a problem? I have already removed C14 and C22 and it's still not bright enough.

Thanks for any help.

wolfingsworth

Quote from: chordball on January 20, 2013, 10:27:38 AM

Sounds like you're really satisfied with your build, so I'd like to ask a question. On my dirtbag, I find the repeats to be way too dark. At first I thought I was happy but it just kills the highs way too much for me. I find that I barely get any repeats on higher notes (like say high e string, and it gets progressively worse as I move up the neck). How does yours compare? Is that just the nature of the DMM or should I be lookinge for a problem? I have already removed C14 and C22 and it's still not bright enough.

Thanks for any help.
Analog delays are supposed to be dark and get progressively darker, but I can see your point if they are too dark... I haven't really had the chance to play with mine (or even bias it properly) so I'll have to get back to you on how mine behaves. What kind of BBD's did you use?

chordball

Quote from: wolfingsworth on January 20, 2013, 02:24:35 PM
Quote from: chordball on January 20, 2013, 10:27:38 AM

Sounds like you're really satisfied with your build, so I'd like to ask a question. On my dirtbag, I find the repeats to be way too dark. At first I thought I was happy but it just kills the highs way too much for me. I find that I barely get any repeats on higher notes (like say high e string, and it gets progressively worse as I move up the neck). How does yours compare? Is that just the nature of the DMM or should I be lookinge for a problem? I have already removed C14 and C22 and it's still not bright enough.

Thanks for any help.
Analog delays are supposed to be dark and get progressively darker, but I can see your point if they are too dark... I haven't really had the chance to play with mine (or even bias it properly) so I'll have to get back to you on how mine behaves. What kind of BBD's did you use?

Yeah man, I do understand that they are supposed to be dark and get darker. As of now my frame of reference includes a DOD FX90 (MN3005), an Aquaboy (MN3005), a DM-2 (MN3205), and an Ibanez AD202 (MN3005). The Dirtbag is just so much darker.

Anyway, I should probably start a new thread so I don't detract from your build, but please let me know what you think when you get a chance to really play yours.

edit: forgot to say that my Dirtbag has MN3005's

varfalex

Probably there is a wrong caracitor value or something in your build. I found my dirtbag and memory man to be brighter than AD-202 which I had in a past. As for the reference please check out these dirtbags:

Cheers,
Alexander
Radhe Shyam