News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First build report. The fatpants.

Started by Stig, January 16, 2013, 01:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig

Hey guys, first build report here.

My first madbean project was the fatpants and its really something.
I have used a lot of money on a really, really nice amp and a good guitar. They do sound good together, but the fatpants make them sound even better and does something good for my od's.
I never thought I would have an always on effect, but I never turn off the fatpants.
Anyways pics:

sirbergersworth

Great build dude. I like how you braided the pot leads. Looks cool and the colors look cool.
Makes the gut look Rasta themed.

I love my fatpants!!!
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter

hammerheadmusicman

Is that laser etching? It looks slick as ****!

I have a fat pants v2, which sounds amazing! I think the charge pump doesn't work properly so it's running on 9v, yet it still sounds amazing!

Good first build report dude :)

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

nzCdog

angrykoko

That looks awesome! Love the etched(?) graphic.
I have Stage 3 from Guitar PCB that I need to box up but I also want to try FatPants and either a SHO or an AMZ Mini booster.  I think I have a bit of OCD, I just cant seem to build "1" of any type of thing.

Really nice looking build.

Koko
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jtn191

really dig that logo, was gonna use that on mine!
what kind of guitar/amp are you using?

Stig

Thanks you guys  :)

It´s not etched, i live on 4 floor and have a daughter. Not a good combination with acids/fumes and what have you. It´s just printed on a label and clear coated afterwards. Easy peasy. For the graphics i looked at the original echoplex design and some at the badgerplex.

I also have an OD2 with an SHO build in. I don´t like it so much. I like the fatpants for the slight saturation it gives my pickups. The SHO is not really my flavour.

I have an AVRI Jazzmaster that has been my main shovel for the last ten years or so. My amp is an T-Rex Big Tone amp, which is out of production now. But i tried different amps at the time and when i plugged into the big tone, the sound just opened up. And i could´t leave without it. The other amps sounded like cardboard compared to it.

The wires i have come from a local electronics shop. I bought them when i was out of wire and needed some. They were really expensive, but they are total and utterly crap. The wires inside break really easily. I used the same ones in my kingslayer build and there´s some noise in the top end of the sound that rings out with the od´ed signal. Really think it´s from the crappy wires. I have some new ones coming that hopefully fixes this problem.

eldanko

Geez, I would have sworn that was etched.  Looks killer.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

ch1naski

That's a label? Like a sticker?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

Rip57

You nailed that one! Great look.

Is that sticker or decal on front? Does it cover entire face or just the circular area? Pardon my ignorance but I'm pretty new to this - not new to electronics, but new to the whole enclosure process.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer." ― Frank Zappa

Stig

Thanks guys.
Its a sticker I cut out and put on the bare pedal. It's only the circle that's a sticker.  Then I applied some clear coats afterwards.

I think I got the enclosure from mammoth, as I usually do. It's sort of a textured finish, meaning that the surface is sort of lumped.

But thanks for the compliments.

Stomptown