News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Custom Drilling?

Started by Knut Koupee, January 17, 2013, 03:59:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knut Koupee

Does anyone on the forum offer custom drilling services?

^_^

jkokura

You can get it easily from Pedal Parts Plus. Order your enclosure, give them a drilling pattern following their guidelines.

I think it's very reasonably priced, considering they use a CNC machine to cut your holes very, very accurately. So accurately, that you have to give them very, very precise directions as to what you want. I know people who have gotten back things they weren't expecting, because they didn't give correct directions.

So, plan very carefully, and talk with them and you should be good to go.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Bret608

I love PPP's custom drilling. Any goofs I've had have been totally due to me not being exact enough on a template. Now that I've done a few custom drills with them, I've gotten the hang of producing a decent template that will work well for them. I basically use the drill templates from Brian's build docs, with measurement lines drawn onto them. They need measurements from two edges to the center of any given hole, as well as the size for the hole itself.

DutchMF

I wouldn't mind drilling for you, got a very nice machine at work, but the shipping would kill that deal dead in a second....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

gigantor

I've thought about this too since I ended up selling a TS clone for Christmas present cash (bought my nieces a beginners drum kit with the proceeds!) and I'd rather have someone else do the drilling if it's more accurate.

I had wired different on-on switches for the Mid/Bass mod, the clipping mod and the gain mod. Basically I wanted a pedal that did the stock TS808, Boss OD and Keeley Mods with the ability to switch everything around.

Wonder if a Photoshop template would work. I just emailed them and I'll report on what they tell me.

hammerheadmusicman

I'd use PPP in a flash, but the shipping is too much for me to the UK
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

stevie1556

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on January 19, 2013, 10:34:50 AM

Same here. Especially their powder coated and drilled ones. Still trying to find a local company that does that here in the UK. Although near my mum's house, a powder coating company quoted me £15 to do a front roll bar for my old car, so may ask how much they charge for a box.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

hammerheadmusicman

Quote from: stevie1556 on January 19, 2013, 10:47:03 AM
Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on January 19, 2013, 10:34:50 AM

Same here. Especially their powder coated and drilled ones. Still trying to find a local company that does that here in the UK. Although near my mum's house, a powder coating company quoted me £15 to do a front roll bar for my old car, so may ask how much they charge for a box.

where abouts are you dude?

stevie1556

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on January 19, 2013, 08:43:12 PM

where abouts are you dude?

The place is in Bishops Stortford, Herts. Next time I goto my mum's house I'll drive past and get the name. Not sure when it will be as I live 40 mins away now. Been looking at local places that do it, need to phone them and get quotes though.

Yesterday I noticed that Rapid Electronics are selling powder coated Hammond enclosures in stompbox sizes. I'm planning on sticking a few of them onto my next order to see if they are any good.

hammerheadmusicman

funny you should say that, i've got in front of me a black 1590A from rapid, it's pretty sweet, although the paint isn't like glossy, it's textured, but not like hammertone, almost like tolex!?

cool though, i sanded down the top and did a clear decal on the top, looks pretty sick, will put a build report of a few of those boxes. not so keen on the textured paint if i'm honest..

stevie1556

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on January 20, 2013, 12:08:59 AM
funny you should say that, i've got in front of me a black 1590A from rapid, it's pretty sweet, although the paint isn't like glossy, it's textured, but not like hammertone, almost like tolex!?

cool though, i sanded down the top and did a clear decal on the top, looks pretty sick, will put a build report of a few of those boxes. not so keen on the textured paint if i'm honest..

I've just found a powder coated box that I ordered from Rapid. Don't remember ordering it though. The paint is really smooth on it, not textured.

It would be good to see the finished pics of your one though!

DutchMF

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on January 20, 2013, 12:08:59 AM

Damn! I did just that a couple of days ago, thinking I was being original.....
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

hammerheadmusicman

Sorry Paul, "great minds think alike" as they say!