News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

POST YOUR PEDALBOARD / GEAR!

Started by pandadandan, December 13, 2010, 05:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eniacmike

Quote from: gtr2 on December 15, 2010, 05:30:45 AM
The tone press has been showing up in a few of these boards...

I am a compressor-holic I have 4 and the tone press is the best I have found. barber makes really good stuff too. inspirational build quality. The blend knob is a great feature for a compressor because you can keep your attack but retain the supernatural sustain.

jackbart1960

Still some of the best non DIY money spent. It's been with me for about two years+ and it's always been in the first slot since. The parallel mix knob is the key. As a Tele player a comp is a given and I went through a few 'till this one stuck. Does what it does without sound being to rubbery(word even?).
Peace. J.J.B.
Edit: Mike I didn't see your post. What he said. ;D

princeton

Quote from: eniacmike on December 15, 2010, 06:31:37 AM
I am a compressor-holic I have 4 and the tone press is the best I have found. barber makes really good stuff too. inspirational build quality. The blend knob is a great feature for a compressor because you can keep your attack but retain the supernatural sustain.
Quote from: jackbart1960 on December 15, 2010, 07:09:23 AM
Still some of the best non DIY money spent. It's been with me for about two years+ and it's always been in the first slot since. The parallel mix knob is the key. As a Tele player a comp is a given and I went through a few 'till this one stuck. Does what it does without sound being to rubbery(word even?).
Peace. J.J.B.
Edit: Mike I didn't see your post. What he said. ;D

blend knob mixes compressed and uncompressed signal? parallel compression in a guitar pedal? nice. I need to visit Requests thread :-°  bye

eniacmike

yeah barber uses a stereo pot to blend.

jkokura

I just got a Pedaltrain Nano for an Acoustic board. This is much easier than lugging my PT-JR around.

The DIY on this board is fairly minimal. The CE-3 has been modded a bunch - needs some more tweaking though, there's still a volume drop. Also, the power jumper cable is built by me. Makes it so all the pedals are powered using one cable. I need more ends and cable for making power cables though, I ran out.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

mjcyates

Here is my current setup. Still waiting on completion of Pork Barrell chorus, Noise Gate using board from tonepad, and maybe a wah. Signal goes guitar>tone press>fat pants>drivetrain>sunking>direct drive>dirty bomb>LTD>volume pedal>ross phaser clone>tap tempo tremolo>echo base delay>nova repeater delay>Barb EQ>pitchblack>amp. The copper colored box above the repeater is going to be the noise gate. The Pork Barrel will reside next to the phaser. If I get a wah the Tone Press will move above the LTD and the wah will go where the Tone Press is. The board is a pedaltrain PT Pro. The power supply is BBE Suppa Charger. Most of the cables are Lava, a couple are generic.

jkokura

Thread resurrection!

I got a new pedal in the mail this summer. Finally got to try it out and I like it a fair bit. New home in the top right of my main board... Chain is: (brand new, sparkle red) Barber Tone Press > EHX Micro POG > Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet > Empress Tremolo > Strymon El Capistan > Hardwire DL-8 > Line 6 Verbzilla. Posted rig includes the Epi Dot I rewired with Alpha pots and Sheptone pups this summer, and the '76 Vibro Champ I've been playing for the last year. I have a Hardwire RV-7 in the mail to me that will maybe kick the Verbzilla off the board, but we'll see what Delay/Reverb end up on that top row...

Also I got a Mini the other day. It's my fourth Pedaltrain board. Currently I'm sizing it up for a Boss only board for grab and go or easy rhythm and singing board. We'll see if it stays that way, but one of the reasons the Boss only board works is because I can easily drop batteries in if I'm ever in the no power cord situation. With the typical pedals in Hammond boxes you have to unvelcro and use a philips to get to the battery snap - if it has one! Anyway, the train represented is: CS-2 > OD-3 > TR-2 > DD-7 > RV-5 (I'm thinking of switching the DD-7 and RV-5 to the PT-JR and moving the Hardwire Delay and Reverb [that's yet to arrive] over to this board).

One day I'll post a big family pic with my PT-2, Jr, Mini and Nano all in one big post.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

aflynt

My pedalboard. I've since removed the Green Ringer and put a Madbean Yellow Shark build after the Taijidrive / Klone.

Fulltone Clyde Std. -> TC Polytune -> Green Ringer Clone (GGG Board) -> Fried Chicken / Range Boost (Fuzz Face variant / Rangemaster variant - Tonepad Boards) -> Taijidrive / Klone (Madbean Serendipity / Madbean Sunking) -> That '80s Pedal (CE-2 Clone - Tonepad Board) -> Uniphase / Impulse (Modded Phase 90 / E.A. Tremolo) -> Reiterator Analog Delay (dual Madbean Aquaboys)

-Aaron

jimmybjj

Jkokora, no DIY pedals on your boards?
Pcbs no longer available

jkokura

Quote from: jimmybjj on August 26, 2011, 08:46:16 AM
Jkokora, no DIY pedals on your boards?

Heehee... I was waiting for someone to notice that. No, not on that board right now. I have a PT-2 that's almost entirely DIY pedals. The Mini is also going to house up to 7 125B's and act as a demo board for a line I'm launching...

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

chip46

Figure I'd post some pics since I just did some modifications to my PT-2. I've been wanting to mount my Line 6 G50 wireless underneath for some time, so I got some rubber feet from Lowes that just slip over the existing pedaltrain feet, held in place with some super glue. Next I mounted a small surge protector underneath so I could use the wall adapters for the wireless and my Nova Modulator. Haven't rewired everything yet, still need to route the power cables and make about 4 more patch cables.

When I go to a show all I'll have to do is pop in the antennas

Here's a little A/B box I made that switches between the wireless underneath and a standard cable input on the right side of the enclosure. Keeps me from having to unplug wires when switching between wireless and cable, since I don't use the wireless at home.

Here's a pic of all the pedals on the board currently. I was planning to make a riser but decided against it.

The amp switcher in the top right was just there as a place holder for the A/B box

nzCdog

Quote from: aflynt on August 26, 2011, 07:44:56 AM
My pedalboard. I've since removed the Green Ringer and put a Madbean Yellow Shark build after the Taijidrive / Klone.

Fulltone Clyde Std. -> TC Polytune -> Green Ringer Clone (GGG Board) -> Fried Chicken / Range Boost (Fuzz Face variant / Rangemaster variant - Tonepad Boards) -> Taijidrive / Klone (Madbean Serendipity / Madbean Sunking) -> That '80s Pedal (CE-2 Clone - Tonepad Board) -> Uniphase / Impulse (Modded Phase 90 / E.A. Tremolo) -> Reiterator Analog Delay (dual Madbean Aquaboys)

-Aaron

Cool board man, your pedals look awesome!

Quote from: chip46 on September 05, 2011, 05:08:07 PM
Figure I'd post some pics since I just did some modifications to my PT-2. I've been wanting to mount my Line 6 G50 wireless underneath for some time, so I got some rubber feet from Lowes that just slip over the existing pedaltrain feet, held in place with some super glue. Next I mounted a small surge protector underneath so I could use the wall adapters for the wireless and my Nova Modulator. Haven't rewired everything yet, still need to route the power cables and make about 4 more patch cables.

Nice work fitting that wireless RX under there! Those pedaltrains look so good... I'd love one, I'm still using plywood :P

chip46

Thanks. I've been putting it off for a while now, but glad I finally got it done. I finished wiring the board up earlier. I left all the audio cables on top because I've got a ton of projects still left to do, so I'm sure the board will be changing a lot more in the coming weeks/months.

cjkbug

here is a photo of one of my boards.
It's built on a modified pedaltrain board. I forget witch size. I modified it to except 4 neutrick locking feed thru jacks to make setup a breeze. I also trimmed some of the material from the crossmembers to accept a voodoolab pedal power 2+,and an Iso 5. everything is powered from 1 ac cable.

The signal chain usually goes something like this:

prs singlecut>early RMC1 wah modified with Foxrox wah buffer> board input>  Analogman red dot nkt275 sunface modified with power jack and road rage board (this sometiomes gets swapped out with one of several ff's that I've got but this is my absolute favorite)> buffer> Glitterati> Himmelstrutz Fetto> Analogman bi-comp> Analogman ver4 kot reg gain both sides (red side cleanboost, yellow side od)> output to amp> input from effects loop> soulsonic iso buffer/splitter (this thing is an amazingly versital buffer)> BYOC phase royal> Foxrox aquavibe> Dr. Scientist Tremolescence (splits signal into stereo)> Diamond Halo chorus> Strymon Timeline> out to 2 amps.

this rig is super quiet and trouble free, the buffers deliver a super strong signal with no treble loss. I wired everything up with Mogami 2319 IIRC and some great pancake connectors (with a few exceptions)

lately I've been running everything through a Fender tweed deluxe reissue, and a mesa nomad 100 2x12.
I've been loving the 6l6's these days. the cleans are breath taking, and the drives are FAT AND PUNCHY
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

jkokura

Thread ressurection!

Redid my small board. Also did some custom power wiring - RG174 and some jacks. You guys can tell, but the chain goes: Guitar > Hero Drive (TIM) > Whetstone Phaser > Tremolo > El Capistan > Amp.

Close up of the power input from the One Spot.

Also, this is my medium board. It's also gone through some changes since I last posted it. Chain goes: Guitar > Tone Press > Micro POG > JMKlon > Empress Tremolo > Timeline > RV-5 > Jamman Solo > Amp.

Hope you've enjoyed!

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*