News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cave Dweller w/ JMK Taptation

Started by Geosh, January 21, 2013, 08:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geosh

So I had a Cave Dweller in a 1590a enclosure that I really liked, but I had a Taptation (w/ mod) board just lying around waiting to be used... I had planned on incorporating it into a Deep Blue Delay build, but I like the Cave Dweller so much I was thinking about not building the DBD...

Now I have an empty drilled 1590a enclosure and a new yellow tap-tempo Cave Dweller with modulation.

Depth controls the depth of the modulation. It can go anywhere from none, to sea sickening. I am going to have to play with it some more to see how much use I get out of it, but it is a fun feature to have available.

The LED by the footswitch is the on/bypass indicator. The 2 that are in between the knobs are the 2 indicators for tempo. The one on the right is for the tapped tempo, and the one on the left changes accordingly with the division switch for 1/4, dotted 8th, and 8th notes.

I am REALLY impressed with the Taptation board. It works really well and will be put to good use. The division switch is very nice for locking in a dotted 8th or 8th notes just having to tap 1/4 notes.

mulletmaster

Awesome! I'm in the process of building a pedal almost exactly like this, and yours gives me a bit of motivation for finishing mine!

Edit: This needs a gutshot!

jimilee

I love the cave dweller,this can only make it more awesomer!!!!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jkokura

I agree. Gutshot required!

This is exactly the way I imagined people using the taptation boards.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Geosh

Quote from: jkokura on January 21, 2013, 11:39:14 PM
I agree. Gutshot required!

This is exactly the way I imagined people using the taptation boards.

Jacob

Well, I might get the gut shots up tonight. I am not really proud of how un-tidy this one is inside which is why I didn't bother taking pics of it, but I will take some when I have a chance. Also, I didn't want to explain the semi-strange use of glue to mount/reduce the intensity of the LEDs (it will make sense when I post the gut shot).

wolfingsworth

This is so rad! I have been really curious about the taptation so it's good to see more people utilizing it! The good news is now you have a drilled enclosure for something else :D

mulletmaster

I know I shouldn't go off topic, but is that one of Jack Deville's clickless true bypass switches in that Fulltone pedal?

Geosh

Yes it is.  ;D. The stock switch went out so it was a great time to upgrade. I love them.