News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pig Mine Vero Build

Started by addshoe, January 22, 2013, 03:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

addshoe

Just finished wiring up the Skreddy Pig Mine vero build from tagboardeffects.com and am getting no sound. I started checking for signal at various points and am getting nothing at the volume pot at all. Have signal at the tone but am not sure where to go from here to troubleshoot. Anyone built this before and able to help do some troubleshooting?

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/02/skreddy-pig-mine.html

Thanks for any assistance!

stecykmi

seems to be a big muff-based distortion. if you have signal at the tone knob, check the last gain stage based around Q4. The Q4 base should have roughly the same signal as the tone knob. if that's okay, check the collector of Q4. the collector of Q4 is practically the output. after it, there is only a DC blocking cap and the vol pot.

addshoe

Small update...hooked up an audio probe to do some troubleshooting right after work and am finding tone at the ground, always fun! Have some wiring to look over and make sure that is all good.

No bridges thankfully.

Did use this to wire the switch...
http://gaussmarkov.net/wordpress/thoughts/wiring-up-a-1590b/

Is there anything off about this? My only confusion is what would the output wire from the stomp switch go to? I have it running to the volume3 currently, is this way off?

Thanks again!

lincolnic

Quote from: addshoe on January 22, 2013, 10:51:53 PM
My only confusion is what would the output wire from the stomp switch go to? I have it running to the volume3 currently, is this way off?

Thanks again!

I think you might've misread the build doc - it says to take your output from lug 2 of the volume pot. Lug 3 should be wired to the third and fourth rows of your board.

addshoe

Thanks for the reply lincolnic. I definitely have those wired up correctly but something has to be off. I need to go over everything tonight and see where I am losing signal I guess.

Thanks again