News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Who's got 2 Strymons with the Favorite Switch?

Started by aziltz, January 22, 2013, 05:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aziltz

Hey!  I'm looking for someone to help me out with a PCB I designed.  I basically made a 3in1 Favorite switch for the Strymons, but I don't have one myself so I'd like some help to test it out.  If you have 2 or 3 of the following: Brigadier, El Capistan, Lex or Flint then let me know, because I need your help!

The project needs a 3PDT, 3x Board Mounted Neutrik TRS jacks, 3x LEDs and 3x 10k (I believe) resistors.  It would fit in a 1090/1590A if you chose to box it.

I don't need feedback ASAP, but if you think you could do it promptly, I'd be happy to send the PCB your way.

Thanks!

Austin

midwayfair

What .... is it meant to do? One favorite for three different strymon pedals at the same time? If so, awesome idea, but I am a little worried because you'd end up mixing power sources on three different pedals. The LED power is carried on the TRS jack. You need someone with MULTIPLE Strymon pedals -- Jacob I know has at least two on his board.

jkokura

I have them on two different boards, but I could try them. Does the Favourite switch work with the Timeline? I think Brian has three, but he may only have 2 now. I think Josh has two Strymon's as well.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

aziltz

Sorry if I was confusing.

1 Footswitch sends the favorite signal to 3 different Strymon pedals. 3 channels because its a 3PDT.  It only works with Brigadier, El Capistan, Lex & Flint.

The Favorite switch works by either connecting the Tip (LED+) either to the Ring (+V) or to the Sleeve (GND).

The pedal is completely passive because the LEDs are powered by the Strymon Pedals.  The TRS signals are completely isolated on the board.  The sleeves would get connected to each other through the case, and if this is an issue, testing will let us know.

If it works on 2, then it will definitely work on 3.  But I need to know if they work individually first.

jkokura

Ok. I have just the El Capistan, and I think I may be the only person in my town who owns a Strymon pedal. I only know two other guitarists who even know about Strymon, and one of them know about them from me.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

Currently I have a Timeline, and it seems my Mobius will never ship. But I'm curious to give it a go once I get it.

gtr2

I have a lex and a el cap.  I don't have the blue sky anymore.  I can help out, as I'll need someone with a timeline in the next few weeks to try something I've been using on my el cap for about a month  ;)  Not a favorite switch so no worries.  :)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

aziltz

Quote from: gtr2 on January 23, 2013, 06:08:18 AM
I have a lex and a el cap.  I don't have the blue sky anymore.  I can help out, as I'll need someone with a timeline in the next few weeks to try something I've been using on my el cap for about a month  ;)  Not a favorite switch so no worries.  :)

Josh

Cool.  Please pm me your shipping address and I will send the project your way.  If I have time, I might just populate it for you (I've got extra parts).