News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Alternative to Velcro Pedal Board Anchor

Started by TreeSlayer, January 23, 2013, 06:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TreeSlayer

i was going through some stuff taking inventory. i found an empty package, and it reminded me of the way i have my boxes anchored. check this out.... http://stompsters.com/
"At the line it's just you, me and the tree." the TreeSlayer

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King

icecycle66

Instead of buying those, go to a local bike shop and ask if you can dig in their garbage for a broke bike chain. 

The guys here just handed me one the had and looked at me strange.

Degrease the heck out of the chain.

Then use a hammer and punch to break the links apart.

TreeSlayer

Quote from: icecycle66 on January 23, 2013, 07:16:53 PM
Instead of buying those, go to a local bike shop and ask if you can dig in their garbage for a broke bike chain. 

The guys here just handed me one the had and looked at me strange.

Degrease the heck out of the chain.

Then use a hammer and punch to break the links apart.
yeah, one could definatly do that. but for 7 bucks, that would cover 5 boxes, and includes the screws and spacers, and saves a trip to the bicycle shop, and the hardware store, then the expense of degreaser and the labor and time of bustin up a chain, it's a no brainer. and if you get a couple of Buds together and order over 25 bucks from Amazon (4 packs), the freight's paid...  ;)

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King

TreeSlayer

here's what ya get... and i'm in no way a rep for this. i just got lucky and stumbled across this.

Micpoc

Good idea. I've always thought velcro was a lousy solution for a number of reasons. Doesn't look like this will work with power supplies like the Pedal Power 2+, though.

TreeSlayer

Quote from: Grigori on January 23, 2013, 07:46:24 PM
Good idea. I've always thought velcro was a lousy solution for a number of reasons. Doesn't look like this will work with power supplies like the Pedal Power 2+, though.
actually, you could bend the link 90 degrees and use the screws on the side of the box...

jeffaroo

nah....pedal power gets the duct tape or liquid nails
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

TreeSlayer

Micpoc

TreeSlayer

Quote from: Grigori on January 23, 2013, 08:07:18 PM
Ah... good solution.
yeah, i'm lousey at pedal building, but i can help with mechanics.  ;)

TreeSlayer

sgmezei

I would love those for my Wah! That thing never stays put.

TreeSlayer

Quote from: sgmezei on January 24, 2013, 10:35:43 AM
I would love those for my Wah! That thing never stays put.
they'll do the job!  :)

crashguitar

This is definitely interesting to me. Also seems like a , "why didn't I think of that" solution. Seems like a great idea for Gorm pedal boards.

Chad

TreeSlayer