News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A little praise for Tayda (and DHL...)

Started by DutchMF, January 25, 2013, 11:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

Just thought I'd share this with you guys....

I needed to restock on some parts, get some stuff for future builds etc. and monday was payday, so I made an order for about $50 with Tayda. And because I wanted to get in some build time this weekend I splurged on the most expensive shipping option, which cost about $16. With the discount coupon I ended up paying $57 total. Now here is what I'm raving about.....

I placed my order Tuesday night around 11 o'clock (dutch time) and to my surprise, I had it on my desk (I let them ship it to work, always someone there to accept the package!) Thursday at noon! Thailand to Holland in 37 hours!!! Maybe some of you guys have had likewise experiences, but this was only my third order from Tayda. Lovin' this!!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

2tonewarrior

I ordered one time the express shipping option for the same reason. I wanted to make the most of the weekend. I think it was $22 to Spain. The shipping was fast but the taxes were about 40€! near the price of the order (I think it was $50-60). So for me never again, I prefer to wait 15-20 days. Regular mail is rarely checked for customs.

DutchMF

Sorry to hear that, dude! I actually had some contact with DHL about the invoice, so I presumed they were going to charge me taxes. They were a bit confused because I had the name of the company I work for in the address, but once I explained to them it was a private shipping, they went ahead and delivered it. I was quite nervous that I had to pay taxes but to my surprise, not! So my advice is: Have them ship it to your work place, make it appear like it is work-related, and when they start asking questions, say its private!
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

2tonewarrior

Quote from: DutchMF on January 25, 2013, 11:55:04 AM
Have them ship it to your work place, make it appear like it is work-related, and when they start asking questions, say its private!

Good to know that, I´ll try the next time.