News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aristocrat Diode layout

Started by JammyDodger, December 22, 2010, 04:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JammyDodger

Hey All,

I am nearly complete with my board.  I have come to the point where I need to solder in the quad of Diodes.  I want to be sure I have the polarity correct.  It is not so clear on the layout.  Can anyone help with this... close up photo or explanation?

Cheers, Mike
The Jammy Dodger

madbean

Each of your diodes will have a band indicating the cathode. That band is also pictured on the silk screen to show you which end to attach the leads to. It might be hard to read on the tiny silkscreen of the board, so check the image of the board in the doc. It will be more clear there.

JammyDodger

So if I look at it... it seems to show three diodes going one way and one diode going the other.

< | ----
   < | ----
   < | ----
   | > ----

The solder mask pretty much covers up the silk screen.  It's hard to tell.

Thanks!
The Jammy Dodger

jkokura

Actually, it may be right. If I remember from my build, the etched boards Brian used to use ha a diode arrangment like that.

Are you using a tabbed board? Or are you using an etched board?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

Post edited I was looking at the etched board... ;)  Thanks Jacob
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

JammyDodger

It's the double sided board bought right here from Mr Madbean.

Cheers, Mike
The Jammy Dodger

jkokura

double sided meaning pre-fabbed?

Go here: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/Aristocrat/docs/Aristocrat_ver.4.pdf

Check out the diodes to the upper left and right that are standing on end. Notice how one side has a square pad and the other has a round pad? The square pad is where the line goes on the diode. So put the line side on the square pad side and you'll be fine.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

JammyDodger

Jacob,

Perfect - I've got it now thanks!

Best Regards, Mike
The Jammy Dodger