News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

SuperMegaMuff...or something like that

Started by murdog47, January 27, 2013, 06:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

murdog47

Something that I had been dreaming up for a long time and finally got around to building it. Pretty self explanatory as it is a 4 in 1 Muff clone which includes the Triangle, Ram's Head, Civil War, and Green Russian. Spent a lot of time studying the circuits and components off various sites and even went as far as to track down some old 430pf ceramic disc capacitors for the Civil War. Basically it's one giant etched PCB with all four circuits linked together. each circuit is selected via the rotary knob on the left and each circuit has it's own 3mm green LED to identify which version is engaged. Not practical but super fun. I'm also thinking about adding in a clean blend and tone bypass. Can't take too much credit for this as it is built from the knowledge that I would have never had if not for this site and it's great members! Thanks all  :)

murdog47

Also, uses dual gang pots. Top row for the Triangle and Ram's Head and bottom for Civil War and Green Russian.

irmcdermott

that is one beautiful and impressive build. guts?

lincolnic

jimilee

Wow this is cool. Another member posted a similar idea earlier on Friday I think. You guys have great minds
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cajone5

I would love to have something like this -- you have one pedal on your board and when you want to swap muff types/styles you can just turn the rotary switch.  Any chance at gutshot and any chance you're going to do a run of PCBs ?  ;D

jkokura

You did get it done didn't you! Glad I could help, though I'm sure it was minor. You're doing great work brother.

Gotta see a glorious gut shot!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jeffaroo

all i got to say is      WOW ! ! !    thats not a MUFF its a MILF    ! ! !

you did it sir !

we all have thought about it, but you actually took her around back behind the tool shed and really gave it to her  ! ! !

I salute you    ;D

im really suprised nobody has done a milti-muff pcb yet

you really need to rename that "Big Fat Juicy Sloppy Tight Warm MILF Nextdoor"
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

JakeFuzz

Dude that is awesome! How different are the sounds between the types? I have always wanted to do side by side comparisons of the types of muffs. This thing is seriously cool. I would also suggest you try OA126's for the clipping diodes in the rams head. That combo is golden.  

jeffaroo

from this day foreward Murdogs name needs to be printed in GOLD !     ;D
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

Ettore_M

That's COOL! 4 Muffs in one? Awesome! ;D

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

stevie1556

That is amazing! I would love to see the guts of it, if only for the board!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

Cortexturizer

Fantastic man, a guy has to have ballZ to make something like this.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

Hangingmonkey

Awesome build. Dont forget the gutshot.

What enclosure size did you use?  I used a 1590DD for my multi overdrive.

murdog47

The enclosure is a 1509DD. Thanks for all of the kind words. I will post a gut shot after work today. As far as the layout it is 4 Mudbunny's morphed into one. I know it could be a bit more efficient, parts count and size wise, if they shared a power filtering section and I am working on putting together an layout that I could have a run of boards done for a group buy (Thanks to JMK's tutorial).