News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2013 - ARGGH! New Postal Rates - International customers must read.

Started by madbean, January 28, 2013, 03:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtr2

Pre fill out all customs forms online.  They hate having to type the manual forms that they give you at the post office.  It's a quick way to make enemies.

I also suggest making friends with your local post office.  Go out of your way to be EXTRA courteous.  They do not take nicely to arguing or ANY hint of aggression.  Once they recognize your face a few times and see you as a regular, they are much more willing to relax a bit.

If all else fails prepay as a large envelope, print, tape, and throw it in a post office box.  It's more work for them to send it back to you then ship to the listed destination, especially if you've already done the customs work!

I've send well over a hundred packages using the large flat envelope rate with only one package never reaching it's destination.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

alanp

Heh, the local courier has gotten SO used to delivering parts to me, if no one's home he drops it off to my Dad's workplace (apparently he knows me by name now!)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jkokura

Quote from: gtr2 on February 08, 2013, 03:33:17 PM
I also suggest making friends with your local post office.  Go out of your way to be EXTRA courteous.  They do not take nicely to arguing or ANY hint of aggression.  Once they recognize your face a few times and see you as a regular, they are much more willing to relax a bit.

This in spades. Learn their names, be kind and polite, and smile. Goes a long, long way.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

Yes, smiling.  As cheesy as it sounds while typing, it works!  It's better for your health to  ;D
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer