News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zero Point SDX

Started by LaceSensor, February 01, 2013, 08:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

just out of pure interest, why are the resistors coming off the BC550's of different values (560R, 620R) ?

Thanks!

Great effect.

madbean

The values prevent heterodyning of the two delay clocks controlled by the current mirror. The different values cause a slight mismatch in delay times but also prevent unwanted frequency noise from creeping in the audio path. The mismatch is not really a big deal since the delay are run in series from what I understand.

LaceSensor

Quote from: madbean on February 02, 2013, 01:55:22 PM
The values prevent heterodyning of the two delay clocks controlled by the current mirror. The different values cause a slight mismatch in delay times but also prevent unwanted frequency noise from creeping in the audio path. The mismatch is not really a big deal since the delay are run in series from what I understand.

Makes sense, cheers for the explaination.
I'm thinking to experiment a bit more with the transistors to see what's going on there when I get time

Alex

Hi!
I've built the circuit and I hear a very faint but constant clicking even when the mod switch is off. I didn't receive a 1uF MLCC yet and I've added a film cap instead. Could that be the reason?
Thanks

madbean

Film cap should be fine. Try pulling out IC5. Is the click still there?

Alex

Hi Brian,

I didn't box it yet.
I didn't receive a 1M Rev for the Rate pot and I've tried a C500K with 2 jumpers without soldering it.
I've realized that when the Input wire is closed to those jumpers the noise occurs.
As soon as I move them away it stops.
Should it be ok once I solder the proper pot?
About the Tails, instead of the Valvewizard's mod is there a way to add a switch like the Echo Base using the Bypass footswitch instead of having to add an extra one?

Thanks