News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Baby board!

Started by patrickbrose, February 05, 2013, 09:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrickbrose

I discovered that the space I have available to me for the musical I am doing is really small. So the big pedal board is out. Today I got a new Pedaltrain Nano! Love this little thing. Wired it up and it is fantastic for grab and go gigging, or tiny stage spaces. From Left to Right:
Sea Urchin (this one is a new build, haven't spent time with it, so the DD-3 in the background is backup), Small Clone, Shredder, Tuner. Powered with my Onespot.
-P

hammerheadmusicman

Cool man! I have a mini board like that, basically i cut a piece of plywood, and sanded it nice and beveled the edges and painted it black (people keep asking me where i bought it haha!). I made it to fit in the front pocket of my mono gig bag, so i don't have to carry it, but on thing i will say is for me, 4 pedals including a tuner just isn't enough for a full gig! So, my tuner is off my mini board, luckily my relic is really sturdy for tuning! Gives you one more pedal on the board..

just thought i'd share my experience of trying to get away with as little pedals as poss!!

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

wolfingsworth

I find that I want to have ONLY the pedals that I use and not a huge pedal board. The problem is finding which ones! That looks like a pretty good setup you have there. the sea urchin is a very usable effect IMHO . What is that 'shredder' you have there?

Cortexturizer

it's weird to me that there is not a thread here where we get to show our pedalboards and talk about our setups. am I missing something? point me to a thread if there is one

slightly more on topic: baby boards rule!
I have one, that I use for crazy sounds.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

patrickbrose

The Shredder is a BYOC pedal I built years ago. Basically a Marshall Shredmaster. Picking is rarely that tough. I always approach a gig like this: I usually have more than 1 rehearsal with a band/show etc. So for the first rehearsal, I look at what the music requires and take a variety of pedals (so for Rent, I took the big board with my Shredder, Egghead, Stage 3 boost, Compressor, Phase 90, DD-3, Sea Urchin, Whammy V, Tuner and Small Clone. At the first rehearsal I made notes about what I was using and what I didn't need. So for this particular show, I found that the OD on my amp worked very well (Peavey Classic 30), so out with the Egghead and Stage 3 boost; I never turned on the comp, out with that; the Phase got turned on once and it wasn't really needed. That left me needing a Distortion, Tuner, Chorus and Delay. Boom 4 pedals. I am still using the whammy for the show, but that sits to the side of the board. I have found that with most of my gigging, I really only use 3-5 pedals. So I will just swap them out on the baby board.
-P