News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Andromeda NGC224

Started by pickdropper, February 09, 2013, 07:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

We're not worthy! We're not worthy! lol.

Simply the best build I've ever seen Dave! I'm not sure if I'm inspired or dejected right now. Seriously though, I love how you were able to make this thing perfectly symetrical by placing the reverb before the delay and the contrast between the laser etched graphic on the enclosure and the raised plexiglass is stunning. It's really a bummer this wont be a part of the contest, but I think you are giving us all a little motivation to take it a step further...

pickdropper

Quote from: culturejam on February 09, 2013, 11:32:33 AM
Quote from: pickdropper on February 09, 2013, 11:08:19 AM
Quote from: madbean on February 09, 2013, 07:50:30 AM
Mother of god that is awesome, Dave! Really, that is one of the sweetest looking builds I've seen in a long time. It's unique, the labeling method is clever and the dressing is top notch.

Kudos! You are a master! Actually, you are now an official "DIY Master Builder" which I just made up!

Hey, I just realized the part about the title.  Thanks Brian!

And now you show up green in the list of members online at the bottom of the forum index. :)

My color has been a bit off lately.  :-)
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pickdropper

Quote from: Stomptown on February 09, 2013, 11:41:35 AM
We're not worthy! We're not worthy! lol.

Simply the best build I've ever seen Dave! I'm not sure if I'm inspired or dejected right now. Seriously though, I love how you were able to make this thing perfectly symetrical by placing the reverb before the delay and the contrast between the laser etched graphic on the enclosure and the raised plexiglass is stunning. It's really a bummer this wont be a part of the contest, but I think you are giving us all a little motivation to take it a step further...

It's all good.  I'm very excited to see what everybody comes up with the for the contest.  There's a lot of talent around here.  It's going to be fun.
Function f(x)

jubal81

:o just  :o

There aren't many pedal companies that could pull this off. Damn.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

njkke

jkokura

I feel like I should make this thread a sticky, reading "this is how you do it"...

But then I realized - Dave, you forgot the battery snap again.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

pickdropper

Quote from: jkokura on February 09, 2013, 12:02:32 PM
I feel like I should make this thread a sticky, reading "this is how you do it"...

But then I realized - Dave, you forgot the battery snap again.

Jacob

It's always the little details that elude me.
Function f(x)

pickdropper

Quote from: jubal81 on February 09, 2013, 11:49:19 AM
:o just  :o

There aren't many pedal companies that could pull this off. Damn.

I actually think that this is true for a lot of the more involved DIY builds. 

In my opinion, when it comes to boutique stuff, I think some of it looks great, but I see stuff everyday on the DIY boards that can easily compete with the other stuff that is out there.
Function f(x)

alanp

Pretty damn sweet no matter how you look at it :)

Any problems with the plexi and the pots sticking through enough to get the nut onto the threads?

How does the Tenebrion sound compared to the Rub-a-dub? I've got one in the pipeline, but don't think I've seen it in any major builds here yet.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

DutchMF

I've waited some time responding to this extremely cool post.... Thought I might find a good reply.... Stop torturing us with this stuff, we know you can build!!!!! Damn it, this is so good! I'm out of words...

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

pickdropper

Quote from: alanp on February 09, 2013, 12:31:03 PM
Pretty damn sweet no matter how you look at it :)

Any problems with the plexi and the pots sticking through enough to get the nut onto the threads?

How does the Tenebrion sound compared to the Rub-a-dub? I've got one in the pipeline, but don't think I've seen it in any major builds here yet.

I used 0.060" (~1.5mm) plexi, so it isn't too thick.  I was able to get the pot nuts and washers on without issue.  The knobs that I used mounted a little higher on the pot shaft than I would like, but there is enough purchase there for them to hold.

I really like the sound of the Tenebrion, but to be fair to the Rub-a-dub I haven't compared them in the exact same scenario yet.  They both seem like good contenders.
Function f(x)

mjcyates

Amazing! Everything about it.

eldanko

Amazing amazing amazing. Definitely deserving of the "Master Builder" designation, although I would have chosen something involving the words "Grand Poobah" myself. I absolutely love the combination of effects chosen for this. Any chance of getting a short video demo? Would love to hear this in action!
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

gtr2

I'd retire after this one  ;)

What can I say, it's phenomenal!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

nzCdog

That's something special Dave, well done!  Your creativity and skill is inspirational... 8)

Quote from: eldanko on February 09, 2013, 01:22:39 PM"Grand Poobah"
haha... +1!