News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tiny PSU - Kickstarter

Started by mandrewbot3k, February 09, 2013, 07:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandrewbot3k

So I've become addicted to kickstarter. For those that don't know, kickstarter is a mechanism to get funding for projects in full before starting. Meaning, anyone that backs you doesnt pay a dime until your deadline hits AND you reach your goal. You offer various 'rewards' at different funding levels.

Anyways, I ran across http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1107117096/hydra-a-triple-output-power-supply-for-electronics?ref=discover_rec today... at $169 it's a bit steep though, but pretty cool none the less.

Software configurable tiny PSU with three voltage outputs. The unfortunate part is it maxes out at 12.0V. 15 and 18 wouldve been nice.

Anyways just thought I'd share. Happy Saturday.
Andrew

(Formerly roflcopter)

jtn191

That's sweet! Thanks for sharing; I've been really interested in robotics lately--those guys are smart

It'd be awesome if they made a guitar-designed PS: increased it to 18v and had more outputs

neiloler

I used to work with this guy! :) Caleb is one of the more clever dudes I've ever met. The other gent I know from school as well, and he's brilliant as well. Seriously cool stuff. If I had the bucks, I'd back this in a heartbeat, regardless of the product, just based on the fact that the guys involved are smart and honest.
OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball