News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Quantum Enigma Engine

Started by monkeyssj1, February 11, 2013, 08:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyssj1

Nah, it's just a good old green bean  ::).. does remind me of space though; someday maybe I'll make a pedal that justifies that name. Friend really wanted me to make him a Tubescreamer. This is my first build report since being on here but not my first build. After seeing so many of the amazing builds all of you have done, I finally feel like some of the little things are transferring over into my builds. This is definitely the cleanest job i've done so far with the guts/spacing. I was going to put an optical illusion on the top or some labels for controls, but it's simplicity is growing on me and I think I may leave it fully blank. I really have become addicted with this hobby and I just want to thank everyone for their help and making this hobby possible for anyone looking to go deep enough into the rabbit hole.

<3 daniel

Bret608

Hey, I like the color combination on this a lot! And the wiring is neat. As you said, I think some of the good influence of the builders here is rubbing off on me too.

Are those BATs for the assymetrical diodes?

MattOcaster

Dude great pedal but über great name!! :D
Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

njkke

Cool build... and nice cymbals too! :D

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

monkeyssj1

Thanks you guys :). I hope my friend digs it.

Quote from: njkke on February 12, 2013, 10:20:15 AM
Cool build... and nice cymbals too! :D

I live with five others, three of whom are drummers so we have I think 3 drum sets in the house and and then one setup in our shed out back which we use as a jam space.

Quote from: Bret608 on February 12, 2013, 06:54:09 AM
Are those BATs for the assymetrical diodes?

Yes they are. The two types of diodes have very very subtle differences in tone. I didn't put in much thought when selecting the diodes; more just selected based upon what I had leftover. I do like the tone though, very warm.

jkokura

Quote from: monkeyssj1 on February 12, 2013, 01:28:24 PM
I live with five others, three of whom are drummers so we have I think 3 drum sets in the house and and then one setup in our shed out back which we use as a jam space.

That sounds like fun!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

monkeyssj1

it is! amongst us, there are around 30-40 different instruments. I often feel like I live in some micro music commune. Actually the money my friend paid me to build his pedal is going to funding this:
http://www.chinesezither.net/SOC-Travel-Rosewood-Guzheng-LotusCarving.html

gordo

Are you kidding me?  That's killer.  As for the pedal, I'd run out and buy it just on the name alone.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?