News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone else having issues with Mammoth electronics?

Started by fish22, February 15, 2013, 06:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

Quote from: pedalman on February 15, 2013, 11:38:31 PM
I love the store, easy to navigate & good selection. But the last 2 orders took over a week just to depart the store. Little bit of a hastle when im a week out on delivery time. I havnt been able to find a good west coast pedal parts store. In fact my last order was placed at the same time as a Small Bear order, I got Small Bears order in my hand the day Mammoths left the shop. Nothing on the order was a wait item.

If you are on the west coast and you REALLY need things fast you can always see if BYOC has what you are looking for. I don't use them much because there are usually cheaper options, but I'm in Oregon and they are located in Richland, Washington so I can get stuff way faster than anywhere else. All of my orders have been processed very quickly too which is nice...

frankie5fingers

Had two orders in the last week or so, both shipped the following day, complete.  One order had an enclosure, of which I had some blem or two in the past, but this one was just fine.

aziltz

All mail and packages still have to go through regional sorting centers. Perhaps yours is not that close. Are you choosing priority mail or first class?  9-10 seems high, but I do know if I mail something across town it still has to go through the sorting center in sandston VA.

wgc

I had a small order about two weeks ago, no issues.  Seems to be a decent place, though.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

junkemail86

I placed a small Mammoth order last Sunday, received it in the US on Friday, complete with no issues.  I have probably placed 5-10 orders with Mammoth in the past with no real issues and always faster shipment than I would get with Smallbear.  I can't speak for very large orders though.

fish22

Ok so, I called about my order since it's been 11 days and have received as much as an email.
I asked if there was an issue and they said "looks like your payment didn't go through. Lemme charge it to your card. " boom. done.
Would it be too much to ask for an email notification that my order didn't go through correctly?
Hi, my name is Wyatt.

jimilee

A thread like this pops up every couple of months or so,I guess sometimes things fall through the cracks. I had an order take about a month or so to get to me,and all I got was my order and nothing more,no apology or anything else these guys mention in their experiences. It's cool though,they have great hardware and sometimes things just happen.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pedalman

all it takes is one careless person and it can bring down the whole ship
sounds like Blake needs to find that person and put a shiver in his timber
I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

danwelsh

I ordered a BMP kit from mammoth and i'm in Nova Scotia, Canada and received my order within 2 weeks....not a part missing, was pretty impressed with their service, have another order coming shipped on the 8th...we'll see what happens with that as I sourced all my parts myself for my next build. :-\

davent

Quote from: danwelsh on February 18, 2013, 11:45:18 AM
I ordered a BMP kit from mammoth and i'm in Nova Scotia, Canada and received my order within 2 weeks....not a part missing, was pretty impressed with their service, have another order coming shipped on the 8th...we'll see what happens with that as I sourced all my parts myself for my next build. :-\

How is their shipping to Canada cost wise? Of the $60 total for the order i just did with Small Bear, just pots and knobs, shipping was $15 of that total, shipping for the same order shipped to a US address showed $7.

Thanks
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

danwelsh

Quote from: davent on February 18, 2013, 12:13:15 PM

How is their shipping to Canada cost wise? Of the $60 total for the order i just did with Small Bear, just pots and knobs, shipping was $15 of that total, shipping for the same order shipped to a US address showed $7.

Thanks

dave
Shipping was 14.95, apparently usps put the rates up not long ago, so anywhere we order from the states is usually more than it was before.....still no different than shipping something inside canada..our postal rates are outrageous.

addshoe

Last two orders have come with 10K pots with not nut or washer! I am perturbed!  ;)

No issues otherwise. Even had one item on backorder this time around and it came into stock in a days time and was shipped right away.

spaceboss

I ordered a kit, quite a ways back and it was missing the ICs. lol. Blake seems like a nice guy, the website is a joy, and they do make things right in the end. But like others say, double check your order on arrival, the QC is.... interesting.

SB

patrickbrose

Quote from: jimilee on February 18, 2013, 09:42:35 AM
A thread like this pops up every couple of months or so,I guess sometimes things fall through the cracks. I had an order take about a month or so to get to me,and all I got was my order and nothing more,no apology or anything else these guys mention in their experiences. It's cool though,they have great hardware and sometimes things just happen.

See this is something I have been grappling with. I have made many orders to mammoth and about 70% of the time they are fine and correct. But I have had 30% that have missing parts, not shipped, wrong parts. I agree too that a thread like this pops up every couple of months or so, and to me, it was fine when they started the company a while back.  I can understand the pains of starting a business, and Blake has been stellar at fixing problems, but this far into the business (what a few years now?) and these problems still persist...I just don't feel really good about this being the norm...you know?
-P

fuzzymuff

the only gripe I have with Mammoth is their outrages shipping cost.  I ordered several 1590Bs and 1590As and the shipping cost was about 50% of the total cost.  That was the cheapest ground shipped to California.  Jeeze!!  I ordered the same from tayda, from Thailand, and thier shipping was much cheaper than mammoth's.