News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone else having issues with Mammoth electronics?

Started by fish22, February 15, 2013, 06:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GermanCdn

Have to give props to Mammoth on my latest order.  Ordered it last Thursday, arrived here yesterday (21 enclosures, misc other stuff).  Never had turnaround that quick before with anyone (I live in Canada - customs must have been having a slow week).
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

pedalman

I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

stevenrun

I've had several orders executed quickly and flawlessly in the past. The only hiccup is my latest order. A couple VTL5C3 vactrols for my Nautilus weren't in the order.

Email has gotten me nowhere. Called somebody over there a week ago, said he'd fix it. Still have yet to hear any acknowledgement that a new package will be going out.

I'd let it go if it wasn't $25 worth of parts missing. :/

irmcdermott

I'll just say that the only issue I ever had was they sent me the wrong size enclosure, but in the right color. They quickly sent me the correct one and told me to keep the incorrect one.

Other than that, I've never had any issues, wrong orders, and they've always responded quickly whenever I email them.

Ian

stevenrun

Quote from: stevenrun on February 27, 2013, 02:12:12 PM
I've had several orders executed quickly and flawlessly in the past. The only hiccup is my latest order. A couple VTL5C3 vactrols for my Nautilus weren't in the order.

Email has gotten me nowhere. Called somebody over there a week ago, said he'd fix it. Still have yet to hear any acknowledgement that a new package will be going out.

I'd let it go if it wasn't $25 worth of parts missing. :/

Update: I immediately got an email from Isaac @ Mammoth letting me know the parts *DID* in fact go out, and he gave me tracking info. Everything is good, and Mammoth will continue to be my go-to place for parts.

Mad Dave

I see that you most recent order took a while to ship (or maybe still hasn't). I was going to ask whether the delay seemed to be on their end, or with the shipper.

Could it be that an item was out of stock at the time they pulled your order, so the whole thing was held up?  Do they notify buyers in this case? 

Quote from: fish22 on February 15, 2013, 07:47:55 AM
I'm not bashing Blake. He is running a great business.
Im asking if anyone else is having the same slow processing/shipping as I've had the last two orders.
last time it took nearly 2 weeks to make it 50 minutes to my house.
This time I ordered some caps, knobs, & a switch 8 days ago and it hasn't shipped.
Just seems weird.  

IsaacMoth

Hey Everyone!
I'm Isaac with Mammoth Electronics and this is my first Mad Bean post! Not exactly the most ideal subject for a first post but hey, it is what it is. I don't usually get on forums very much because A) I don't have too much time to spare up here at Mammoth and B) Most everyone here is smarter than me anyway when it comes to this stuff and everything is already answered! I mainly just creep around and look at some of the builds and tech stuff and try to address customer issues. Just to tell you a little bit about me, i got into the effect pedal business back in 2001 at Keeley Electronics and worked there for about 8 years, in which i was the service manager for 5 of those years. Last November I was hired as General Manager at Mammoth Electronics so Blake could focus more on marketing and graphic design. Since then, we have grown quite a bit and unfortunately in growing that fast, you have some growing pains. We are taking steps to remedy these problems but it takes a little time for new systems and employees to get integrated into the machine. That being said, we don't want anyone to have a bad experience with us and we will do what ever it takes to try to help you out with your situation. So, if you are having trouble with an order or have any questions for us at all please contact us and we will do everything we can to help you out. You can get us at:
isaac@mammothelectronics.com for me
blake@mammothelectronics.com for Blake
sales@mammothelectronics.com for James
or call us at 405-254-4112
We try to answer every email as soon as they come in and get every phone call but sometimes that isnt possible but if we miss your call, please leave a message and we will either call you back or send you an email in response. Thanks for your time and happy building!
Isaac
-Isaac
sales@mammothelectronics.com

addshoe

;D

Thanks for the reply Issac! You guys keep up the good work! Looking forward to many more orders awaiting me on my porch in the future!

DutchMF

I finally received my order today (see below), more than 3 months after ordering, but as said before, that's not Mammoths fault. What is a bit annoying is that I got a Coolaudio V571D (got to find something to use that in...) instead of the V3207 I ordered and 3 instead of the 5 100kA pots I ordered  :( I already sent James an email, will report back on how this is handled. Don't think I'll order from them soon, as I also had to pay 22 euros (about $30 US) tax and customs fees. Mouser already quotes the tax on the specification you get before checking out and includes it in the payment, which also makes you don't have to pay the customs fees, IMO a far better system.

Paul

Quote from: DutchMF on February 15, 2013, 09:42:14 AM
I've only ordered once from Mammoth, when they offered free shipping just before Black Friday. Believe it or not, I still haven't received my package!! For some reason or other, my shipment was returned to sender, so now they've re-shipped it. Don't think they are to blame, and their customer service is super friendly and quick to reply, but it still is a bummer! Think of it: that package is going 3 times across the ocean!!! (I'm from The Netherlands) I hope it arrives before the closing date of the February build comp, as it contains the pots I need to finish my entry.....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Stomptown

So I just ordered a bunch if stuff and they sent me back a message informing me the painted 1590a enclosure I ordered was on back order. I had to call and modify my order or wait a few weeks for them to get it powder coated. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that their list of what is in stock for 1590a's is not correct. It shows all of the new translucent colors as "in stock"but they are all out of stock. They also recently sent a bulk email claiming that all colors were available for all enclosure sizes kast month, but the 1590a's do not appear to be available for all colors (at least there is no way to select some colors on the site). I am hoping they will update the site soon, but at least they have been nice about everything...

blakemoth

Quote from: DutchMF on March 06, 2013, 09:26:52 AM
I finally received my order today (see below), more than 3 months after ordering, but as said before, that's not Mammoths fault. What is a bit annoying is that I got a Coolaudio V571D (got to find something to use that in...) instead of the V3207 I ordered and 3 instead of the 5 100kA pots I ordered  :( I already sent James an email, will report back on how this is handled. Don't think I'll order from them soon, as I also had to pay 22 euros (about $30 US) tax and customs fees. Mouser already quotes the tax on the specification you get before checking out and includes it in the payment, which also makes you don't have to pay the customs fees, IMO a far better system.

Paul

Quote from: DutchMF on February 15, 2013, 09:42:14 AM
I've only ordered once from Mammoth, when they offered free shipping just before Black Friday. Believe it or not, I still haven't received my package!! For some reason or other, my shipment was returned to sender, so now they've reshipped it. Don't think they are to blame, and their customer service is super friendly and quick to reply, but it still is a bummer! Think of it: that package is going 3 times across the ocean!!! (I'm from The Netherlands) I hope it arrives before the closing date of the February build comp, as it contains the pots I need to finish my entry.....

Paul

Paul,

I did see that email from you, I'm looking into the reason where that switch up on the ICs came from. But regardless, I'll get those V3207s, and your missing pots out to you tomorrow morning via USPS Priority International.

-James (via Blake's acct)

blakemoth

Quote from: Stomptown on March 06, 2013, 11:17:09 AM
So I just ordered a bunch if stuff and they sent me back a message informing me the painted 1590a enclosure I ordered was on back order. I had to call and modify my order or wait a few weeks for them to get it powder coated. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that their list of what is in stock for 1590A's is not correct. It shows all of the new translucent colors as "in stock"but they are all out of stock. They also recently sent a bulk email claiming that all colors were available for all enclosure sizes kast month, but the 1590a's do not appear to be available for all colors (at least there is no way to select some colors on the site). I am hoping they will update the site soon, but at least they have been nice about everything...

I'm going to have to look into this too and get that 1590A page updated will all the new colors. I made all the options at the same time, so I must have missed a color or two. Just a heads up that the stock number on the enclosure page does not relate to how many of each powdercoated enclosure that we have in stock, that's the stock that we have on bare 1590A enclosures. I know it's confusing, and I really wish that we could have updated stock counts for each color on the site, but that would take more time than we have the manpower for at the moment. But if you ever get a notice that you have a backordered enclosure, just email or call me and I can give you an ETA on them, or we can get your color changed to one of our other ones.

-James again

neiloler

I ordered an order Monday night, and it's already shipped today. Mammoth has been good to me for a few orders over the past year (since finding Mammoth). Keep it up guys!
OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball

Mad Dave

Fuzz,

I'm not thrilled w/ the way their system applies shipping charges during checkout. Somehow it guestimates the size and weight in order to calculate the cost. However, it is possible get a better rate than what the system shows during checkout.

I ordered from them a few weeks ago, and during checkout my 2 cheapest options were UPS Gnd, or UPSPS Priority Mail (med size box), both for over $11 (which was more than 1/3 the cost of the merchandise). But before completing the order I called them, and they said that if the order could fit in the small Priority box, they'd use that, and refund me the $6 difference. (When paying through PayPal I made sure to note this in the message box.) My order did ship in the small box, and (after a few emails) I did get a $6 refund. However, they might only do this if it's requested.

In general, shipping has gotten very expensive. Their quote of $11+ for UPS seemed outrageous. But when I did my own calculation for UPS, the actual cost would have been over $8 (I'd expected it to be $5 and change). And I assume Mammoth is a pretty small outfit, so I don't know what kind of deal, if any, they get from UPS. Priority Mail flat rate seems to be the best choice for many of these smaller shipments. As long as your order fits in the small box, at $5.15 (online price) it's even less than Standard Post. And strangely, 2 small boxes ship for 10.30, while the medium box is $11.30. So you're actually better placing 2 orders!

Quote from: fuzzymuff on February 19, 2013, 03:43:03 PM
the only gripe I have with Mammoth is their outrages shipping cost.  I ordered several 1590Bs and 1590As and the shipping cost was about 50% of the total cost.  That was the cheapest ground shipped to California.  Jeeze!!  I ordered the same from tayda, from Thailand, and thier shipping was much cheaper than mammoth's.

Stomptown

A while back I bought a bunch of aluminum knobs and 3 of them failed. The screws were stripping out because the inside of the knob was plastic. I wasn't going to make a bid deal out of it after the first failed but once 3 of them (out of 9) failed I decided that it was worth trying to get some replacement parts. After all, they are about $2 a piece! I needed some painted enclosures so I figured I could place an order with them and call and ask them to send the replacement knobs along with the order. I figured it was a win win. They save shipping costs and I get replacement parts. I called and they said they were sorry and that the knobs I bought were supposed to be aluminum centers and that the distribution company sent them the wrong knobs, which in turn they sold to me. Not exactly what I wanted to hear. They should have offered to send me all 9 knobs in that case but they did not. Oh well. The others work fine (for now). Anyway, I got an email the next day that my enclosure was on backorder and so I called to modify my order. They ended up shipping the order without the knobs and the 1590A enclosures I received were subpar (uneven paint thickness and air bubbles). I am not going to raise an issue with them about this. Instead I will be ordering all enclosures elsewhere. Unfortunately I forgot to order one part and of course it is something only mammoth carries. Ugh! I ended up placing another small order and called them and asked if they had shipped my replacement knobs. They had not sent them but assured me that the knobs were to be sent that day. I informed them that I placed yet another order that they could send it along with to save them shipping cost. So my package comes... and no knobs! I called them today and they said they will ship them out today next day! I'm guessing that is a lot more expensive than taking the time to get them out with one of my last two orders...

I probably wouldn't be writing all of this but at the end of our conversation today I said thanks and goodbye the response to that was a click on the other end. No your welcome, no goodbye, no "sorry for the hassle," nothing.  Hopefully things change over there because they do a lot of things right, but I cannot overlook all of the issues I've had since last November. I'm not sure what has changed, but I will be using other options whenever possible...