Main Menu

Wolfshirt build and demo

Started by hagcel, February 16, 2013, 06:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hagcel

Finished off a wolfshirt.

I love this thing! Sounds so awesome.

A little demo I whipped up tonight.

62 RI Strat > Wolfshirt > Zero Point SDX (for final lead and sustained chord) > Tube Depot Tweed Deluxe > SM57 > Focusrite Saffire > Garage Band (no eq or effects)

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/donkey-rhubarb/madbean-wolfshirt-demo[/soundcloud]

This thing is great at picking up radio. You'll hear a little ESPN radio in the background at the very end.

Guitarmageddon

Love the retro layout and super-cool big ass carlington. ;D
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

jimilee

That's gotta be the weirdest pedal I've ever heard. Is there a drum machine on that thing?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

hagcel

Ha, that's just a drum loop in garage band: "80's Pop Beat 18."

Yeah with the octave up switch engaged it almost has a ring mod effect on chords. Pretty cool stuff.

wolfingsworth

cajone5

Quote from: wolfingsworth on February 16, 2013, 07:31:03 PM
This looks killer!

Sounds great too.  The FTM is such an underrated pedal.  So damn cool!

hagcel

it almost has a nine inch nails broken vibe to it. i've never heard a strat and tweed deluxe sound so narly!

Stomptown

I love the layout man! It looks and sounds very unique...

Quote from: Guitarmageddon on February 16, 2013, 06:51:11 PM
Love the retro layout and super-cool big ass carlington. ;D

My work just recycled about 100 old radios (for communication between remote weather stations and master station) and every one of them had one of the "super cool big-ass carlingtons in them." I meant to go strip them out but I couldn't find the time before my boss got rid of them.  :'(

Bret608

I like this too! Nice work. I was just playing my Wolfshirt yesterday and loved it. My eight-year-old daughter commented how awesome she thought the octave up sounded. That was a surprise!  :)

spaceboss

Welcome to Nasty City! That thing rips!