News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Noob vero question

Started by tonefreak, February 18, 2013, 07:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonefreak

I recently finished a  Monte Allum mod on my Boss Flanger and assembled a Way Huge Red Llama kit from GGG. Both projects came out great and I am eager to start something else. I am thinking about doing a vero layout...either Engineer's Thumb, Roger Mayer Spitfire, Suhr Riot, or Snow White Wah. Although I have found verified vero schematics for these projects, I am a little unclear as how to handle the offboard wiring. I was hoping to find some resources. Any ideas or advice?

jimilee

Like the stomp switch and jacks? Usually unless otherwise noted, I use madbeans basic wiring found in the forums and the main projects page.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pryde

Quote from: tonefreak on February 18, 2013, 07:22:59 AM
I recently finished a  Monte Allum mod on my Boss Flanger and assembled a Way Huge Red Llama kit from GGG. Both projects came out great and I am eager to start something else. I am thinking about doing a vero layout...either Engineer's Thumb, Roger Mayer Spitfire, Suhr Riot, or Snow White Wah. Although I have found verified vero schematics for these projects, I am a little unclear as how to handle the offboard wiring. I was hoping to find some resources. Any ideas or advice?

Your vero layouts should have indications for: in/out/ground/9v wires. These work the same as any pcb project you have done. Here is the madbean standard wiring diagram that you can use:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/tutorials/downloads/StandardWiring_MBP.pdf

pedalman

I love Vero. the only thing i recomend and cant stress enough to people. layout all your cuts with a dot of perminamt marker. then double check all of them before spinning the drill bit. nothing looks worse than a scabbed up Vero because you cut one spot to far over. I just take my time and play a mean game of battleship, i use a burr tip drill bit by hand to cut the strips.
I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

jimilee

Good to know, my first vero is happening soon
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

GermanCdn

Vero's a lot of fun, but if I were you, I'd probably start with a couple of easier projects, because troubleshooting vero can be a huge pain in the butt, and most of the projects you've got listed are pretty adventurous. 
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

pedalman

the catalinbread rah is a must in vero
I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

hoodoo

Tagboard effects is a great vero site, with all the info you need mate, have a look, Matt.

addshoe

Quote from: hoodoo on February 19, 2013, 12:33:55 AM
Tagboard effects is a great vero site, with all the info you need mate, have a look, Matt.

I second this! I love that site for vero layouts. I have built a few from there already. I would suggest building an audio probe for testing these suckers if you run into trouble, can be a life saver. Start with something small for your first just to get the hang of it before moving on to something complicated.

Suggestion: http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2013/02/dragonfly-saturn-five.html

Minimal links, cuts and parts.