News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

V3207/V3102 Pork Barrel - No/Low Effect

Started by Dr. Pirateface, February 19, 2013, 10:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Pirateface

Hello, gentlemen. This is my first post on this forum, and I read the rules, so please excuse any accidental breaches of protocol or etiquette.

Circuit:
Pork Barrel Chorus (latest version)

Configuration:

• Vero board build
  • V3207 BBD
  • V3102 CLOCK DRIVER
  • LFO/Depth mod

Issue:
I am getting an essentially clean signal through the pedal. I say essentially because if you listen very closely and intently, the engaged effect sounds very slightly different from the bypass. The LFO LED works fine, and changes brightness and blink rate with the DEPTH and RATE knobs, respectively. The knobs do not, however, effect the output signal in any appreciable way.

Diagnostic Findings:

• I've double- and triple-checked the wiring, component values, and component orientations (though if you strongly believe a problem of this nature exists, by all means, please say so. I am not perfect.)
  • I poked around with my oscilloscope and I am getting a signal in and out of the BBD, and at the end of the BBD output stage.
  • I disconnected the 47k resistor between pin 1 and pin 6 of IC1 so the output should consist only of the output signal from the BBD. I am getting the guitar signal through in this configuration, which suggests functionality.

I will post component voltages as soon as I can. There don't seem to be a lot of threads concerning V3207 Pork Barrels, so I have no basis for comparison. Now, I know the issue is probably something stupid I did. I fully realize that in vero-boarding this circuit I've brought this upon myself and made it nigh impossible to troubleshoot. Any advice or insight you can offer would be much appreciated. Thanks, and rock on!

bryanrichie

I seem to be having the same problem with the same configuration, did you find a solution?

BR

Scruffie

Works at Lectric-FX