News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help subbing pots for R2G2 build from guitarpcb?

Started by danwelsh, February 20, 2013, 01:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwelsh

Hi, could someone tell me if i can use a b50k pot in place of a a47k pot for the r2g2 build for P1?  I messed up when I ordering from mammoth and so did they( i ordered a b25k for P2 and they shipped me a b50k)....and I missed the one for P1(a47k)...what I do have for pots if someone could tell me what to do here is :b50k, b2k,b500k,a10k, b10k, and a b100k?I hope someone can help me, I really don't want to wait 2 weeks for a couple pots. Thanks in advance guys.

P1(sustain) calls for 47k log, p2(tone)-25k lin and p3(vol)-10k log

soldersqueeze

If you go to http://www.geofex.com/ and scroll down to the "secret life of pots" article, there are ways and means of fiddling pot values by adding resistors in parallel etc.
Have to be honest- I don't know enough to guarantee you can do it but it's worth a look :)

patrickbrose

Test the pot(s) with your DMM. Pots are typically 20%+- accuracy, so it is very likely that your 50k is 47k. But in reality, you would have no problem using a 50k in place of the 47k.
-P

slimtriggers

It should work.  You may not be able to dial in the perfect amount of distortion with a linear pot, but the pedal will still function.  The difference between 47k and 50k is less important than the difference between linear and log.