News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sourcing waterslide paper

Started by addshoe, February 21, 2013, 07:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

addshoe

Where do you guys buy your paper? I ordered some off ebay last and it was a little pricey but best I could find at the time. Any tips?

Haberdasher

I've never used any, but I've heard several people talking up a store called papilio
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Stomptown

I found the papillo brand on amazon for a pretty decent price. There are different kinds out there. I personally prefer to use the kind made for laser printers over ink jet...

addshoe

Thanks for the replies!

I used inkjet for the first time the other day and didn't like that I had to spray with clear coat before applying. Is it true this step is not required when using laser printers?

pryde

Not sure about laser and clear coat but for inkjet waterslide I have always used the stuff from pedalpartsplus. I have tried a few different kinds and their stuff seams to work best for me. However, YMMV

Usually 1 simple coat of clear is enough to seal the ink and provide added rigidity to the material when applying to the enclosure

Mike B.

Look on Amazon. I forget the seller, but there's a store that sells the Papillio brand decals in various quantities.They have the clear and white. If you just need one or two sheets, PPP or SmallBear both have them.

jimilee

I order from eBay also, it's hard to find for less than a dollar a sheet
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

hammerheadmusicman

this is where i get mine, it is UK though, it's £10 for 20 A4 Sheets. If you your struggling to get it.. not sure how much shipping would be.

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

Hangingmonkey

Quote from: addshoe on February 21, 2013, 08:54:01 AM
Thanks for the replies!

I used inkjet for the first time the other day and didn't like that I had to spray with clear coat before applying. Is it true this step is not required when using laser printers?

Shouldnt need it for laser printers as the toner is like plastic and wont smear in the water but i find that a generous coat of clear on the decal gives it strength and stops it from ripping, especially if you do a lot of adjusting

fish22

Quote from: Stomptown on February 21, 2013, 08:34:25 AM
I found the papillo brand on amazon for a pretty decent price. There are different kinds out there. I personally prefer to use the kind made for laser printers over ink jet...

+1
Hi, my name is Wyatt.