News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Doppleganger 1.4

Started by alanp, February 23, 2013, 09:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3secondrule

Sweet, the LDRs are ordered. If that doesn't sort things, ill try upping the span pots.

Will get up a build report once I'm 100% happy

J
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

agoldoor

Hey guys,

Another weird question...

I was just about to finish populating the board with the LDRs and green LEDs, when I noticed something weird about the pads for the LEDs. The pads/silkscreening contradict one another if I'm looking at it correctly... it has the square/positive pad on the "flat" side of the LED silkscreening... can someone double-check with a working completed build double-check that I'm doing this correctly? Do I follow the pads or the silkscreening? Does the negative or positive leg go in each of the square holes? (I would think positive, but again... silkscreening shows the flat side as the positive side, which I thought always was the negative side of the LED.)

*confused in California*

(PS - I posted to the other Doppelganger build report thread, sorry for the spam)

alanp

Photos in the first post show flat/negative (big tab inside the LED itself is negative, small tab is positive).

Socket the LED's if you're not sure.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

Both our boards are now built. It'll just be a while before they're boxed. Trying to tie down the clock noise at the moment, we've made some definite improvements, but it's going to be a couple of weeks before we get another chance to play with these.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk