News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Effect always ¨on¨

Started by PimpMyTone, February 26, 2013, 02:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PimpMyTone

Hi, I just bought a used TC Electronic classic booster + distortion really cheap . The guy said that the foostwistch was not working so he sold it to me for 45 $ .

When I came back to my home I tested that footswitch with a continuity tester and it looks like it s working like it should . The pedal is always on and it wont bypass even with a working footswitch .

Anybody knows what can cause this ?
Simon

jtn191

Without looking, there's a good chance there's a problem with another component relating to some kind of electronic bypass. TC is one of those companies more likely to use "less fixable" methods for bypass

PimpMyTone

That`true . And all components all suface mounted  ... I just dont have the knowlege to fix this .

At least its always on and not always off ... and it  sounds great . I ll probably use it as an always on pedal .
Simon

DutchMF

Or you could build a small, 1590A TB-looper, problem solved!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

hammerheadmusicman

I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

jkokura

I'm not certain you can get a true bypass looper into an LB... cool experiment though. A 1590A is generally cheaper anyway.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

hammerheadmusicman

I shall try it when i get time!!
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

garfo

Just build a truebypass looper.It's easy and inexpensive, you need a box, 4 jacks and a switch and you're good to go.
It's easy and you'll find loads of information on how to wire it.