News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Black '65 Overdrive

Started by pryde, February 26, 2013, 07:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

I built the pedal a little while back from a Haberdasher etch of madbean's layout. Here is a very quick and dirty demo for those interested. One of my very favorite overdrives.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jpparlier/65-overdrive[/soundcloud]

jtn191

Sounds awesome and nice build again!--think I said that in the build thread. I'm looking at this, the '57, and other Wampler stuff. great sounds

whitebread47

Sounds great and definitely has a very blackface vibe going on.  Out of curiosity, what amp are you using in that clip?
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

pryde

Quote from: whitebread47 on February 26, 2013, 07:36:57 PM
Sounds great and definitely has a very blackface vibe going on.  Out of curiosity, what amp are you using in that clip?

Guess I should have included that:

USA Strat>black '65>Egnater Tweaker 15 with flashback delay in effects loop.
Recorded with SM57

The pedal was on the boost setting with gain at 12 o'clock. Just used guitar volume for semi-clean tones

whitebread47

Thanks for the info.  Basically, I told myself that so long as the amp being used isn't a Fender I'll be building one these.  Of course, I play a Princeton Reverb, so those tones at low volume are ideal!
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

pryde

Definetely recommended as it is such a unique OD with alot of character. It is far more capable than what my sloppy noodling is demonstrating  :)