News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

went to GK today

Started by pedalman, February 27, 2013, 06:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedalman

I went to the GK factory today, seen some really cool stuff. Really nice, friendly folks over there. Treated me like a king didnt matter if i spent $5500 or $100. Very nice visit. I told the guy about our forum and builds, told him about the cricket that Jimi and I are trying to build. He took me over and showed me the guts of a 2001RB (scary stuff) and i told him to watch out, after i get this 1 watter up and running im coming for him. Hats of to GK !  ;D
I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

jimilee

Quote from: pedalman on February 27, 2013, 06:19:51 PM
I went to the GK factory today, seen some really cool stuff. Really nice, friendly folks over there. Treated me like a king didnt matter if i spent $5500 or $100. Very nice visit. I told the guy about our forum and builds, told him about the cricket that Jimi and I are trying to build. He took me over and showed me the guts of a 2001RB (scary stuff) and i told him to watch out, after i get this 1 watter up and running im coming for him. Hats of to GK !  ;D
Well that's cool! Got parts in today to finally ge started along with parts for about 5 others! Did you spend 100 or 5500? ;D
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pedalman

quote to fix a old GK guitar amp Ive been dragging around for years. fire it up in stereo and she fills the room with sound like no other amp (sounds way bigger). tried to talk the guy into going back into the guitar business. He said they will stay with bass only. tune up on the amp for only 245

Effectsiation

Was it a GK or GMT guitar amp?

jimilee

Yeah the new GK stuff hasn't been the same quality as the old stuff. Went with a peavey combo about 10 years ago, but I use a hartlepool head for real noise on stage.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

patrickbrose

I used to own an 800RB that I loved, but rarely used the power (and it was heavy), so I sold it a few years ago and have been using an MB200 Micro head. I love the thing. You could never believe that the little thing puts out so much power. That coupled with my 1x15" and 1x10" cabs just kills.
-P

stecykmi

do these guys have any web presence? ie a website?

pedalman