News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

recommed a delay build for me?

Started by shawnee, March 03, 2013, 11:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnee

Hey guys, I want to build another delay. I got a dirtbag deluxe with MN3005's completed but I would like something else. Although I would not consider myself a delay freak at all, my favorite delay is probably the Boss DM2. That being said, I am looking at PT2399 delays like the sea urchin or cave dweller. Modulation and tap tempo are cool but not really needed on this build. What would be the best compromise of size/ hi-fi sound? Any other vero or PCB's would be considered as well.

garfo

for small simple delay,the sea urchin is great.it is not like a dm2 though

pickdropper

Quote from: garfo on March 03, 2013, 11:55:38 AM
for small simple delay,the sea urchin is great.it is not like a dm2 though

I second the Sea Urchin.  I love that circuit.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

LaceSensor

Based on my experience with the Zero point SDX, id say the zero point DD would be a winner based on your requirements.

wolfingsworth

I love my Sea Urchin, but I have a cave dweller ready to be wired and tested. My answer is to build them all, but I'm on a bit of a building binge right now, so take that advice with a grain of salt ;) The PT2399 is a pretty accessible chip with lots of great projects. I built the Sea Urchin as my first DIY delay because it seemed to be in the middle of the road in terms of darkness of repeats and build difficulty. You should also check out Jon's (midwayfair) Hamlet delay if you're looking for a still simple design with a few more bell's and whistles.

shawnee

Thanks guys. I think a version of the deep blue delay will be my choice since everyone seems to like it and the demo's sound great. I was leaning that way so thanks for sealing the deal for me. I may build something more complicated at some point.

Haberdasher

another one no one has mentioned would be madbean's mini zp.
also, google valve wizard small time delay w/ tails.  i think there is an etch image and a vero layout.  it has tails, so it's obviously not true bypass...
but yeah, the sea urchin sounds great.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

aballen

multiplex sounds amazing imho, and it is dual delay, which I really love... not to be confused with a double delay :D  I really love the tone and it was a pretty easy build.