News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What's the modulation on this echo

Started by angrykoko, March 04, 2013, 08:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angrykoko

I'm totally loving this pedal
, almost bought it 3x today but keep wondering if I could make the modulation and "other" going on into a standalone pedal to put upfront of a delay, fuzz or whatever.

any ideas?

Is part of the sound a bit crusher?  or down sampler?
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

pryde

I can't really answer your questions but damn I love it  ;D

I am building a ZP mini and would love to cop this sound, especially the intro.

Thanks for sharing

angrykoko

sounds a lot like the modulation in my Echo Base paired up with a bit crusher.
How hard are bit crushers to build?

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

LaceSensor

lincolnic

Don't know about the modulation, but there's definitely some ring mod going on.

jimijam

Quote from: lincolnic on March 05, 2013, 04:09:11 AM
Don't know about the modulation, but there's definitely some ring mod going on.
I agree. maybe if you put a ringmod cuircuit in the feedback path of the delay. or just added a send/return setup with a stereo jack and use an insert cable to add any effect you want to the repeats.
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!

angrykoko

I ended up just buying it.
Listened to a more demos and sound files on the Malekko's site and just loved the crazy sounds and the $ seemed reasonable.

Thanks for the feedback.

I like that bit crusher pedal too... that sounded cool.

Scruffie

Sounds to me like when you pull too much delay time out of a BBD and it gets all bitcrushed/moddy/lo-fi.

Wonder if it just uses heavy filtering to cover the clock noise that would come with that and is using a V3207 or something.
Works at Lectric-FX

midwayfair

The first lo-fi was intentionally misbiased. This sounds more extreme, but I think it's done the same way. There really isn't room in that pedal for adding extra more circuitry. Also, the output level is below that of the standard 616, so Scruffie's theory of extra filtering is almost certainly spot-on. I forgot to check the part number of the chips in my friend's, though, so I can't confirm whether it was 3207s.