News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

FuzzMite (Silicon Fuzzrite/RosacNuFuzz)+ SOUNDCLIP

Started by raulduke, March 05, 2013, 02:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

Hey guys, been a while since I posted a build report.

This is my FuzzMite (based on the D*A*M FR70) that I built recently.

Sounds great, and I have done a few little mods to get a bit more gain than the D*A*M (which I own so making comparisons between the two was easy for once).

Heres a soundclip:
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/sj-audio-effects/fuzzmite-demo[/soundcloud]

I used Axial components, big caps etc (Mojo bits.... ahem) for this build as we all know this makes everything sound better...;)

Bigger parts may have no effect on the sound (as far as I can tell anyhow), but they certainly look cooler!

Hope y'all like the pics!

p.s. I have a couple of PCB's spare (2 to be precise). PM me if you want one and I'll hook you up.

Both PCB's sold.

pickdropper

That's a really nice build.  Cleanly wired, nice PCB layout.  I also dig the paint finish on the enclosure.  Kind of reminds me of birdseye maple.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Bret608

I love the color on this too. It's almost like an aquamarine hammertone. I've only seen colors like this on Basic Audio's stuff.

Nice parts selection! I've been gathering up similar things for the Mangler I'm hoping to do in the near future. I found a silver 47uf electro that looks a lot like the second cap from right on your build. I am a bit challenged to tell which side is positive/negative, though!  :D

raulduke

Cheers dude, I think the colours actually called aquamarine on the tin.

Its from one of my 'NOS' tins from my Dads garage. I don't think a similar colour is available to buy nowadays (as far as I am aware).

Most of the caps are Wima MKP or MKS type (10mm spacing).

The silver one is a 1nF.

The Wima's almost look like sweets; makes me wanna eat them.... yummy yummy  :D

raulduke

Hey Guys,

Soundclip added to first post.

I've also done a 'feeler' thread over in group buy to see if anyone else wants a PCB.

juansolo

Built mine (but not boxed it). I went with the DAM config and went full mojo. Gotta say, this is a f**king brilliant fuzz. Fans of old school fuzzes should build one of these right now.

Now I just need to convince Steve to do a GB83 board as I have a full set of mojo componentage for one of those to (was going to build it on vero).
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

raulduke

Glad you like John.

My stock D*A*M FR-70 has a touch less gain than my own Fuzzmite (pretty much down to the higher value of R1 in my own build). Other than that they are very similar.

The GB83 is awaiting breadboarding.

If I likey I'll get a small run (3 from OSH park) done for you and I.

D*A*M know what sounds good in a fuzz, that's for sure.

soldersqueeze

Your pedals are always so pretty, inside and out. Sounds good too!

Effectsiation

Quote from: raulduke on April 25, 2013, 10:55:40 AM

I'd be interested in the other board, if it's not claimed already! :)

raulduke

Quote from: Effectsiation on April 25, 2013, 01:41:11 PM
Quote from: raulduke on April 25, 2013, 10:55:40 AM

I'd be interested in the other board, if it's not claimed already! :)

I've not even breadboared the circuit yet dude. But if I do a design, your name is down for the 3rd.

Cheers!

marauder

Built the gb83 today as per the vero in the other thread. It ain't right. There are some guessed values on it as they're regular resistors with heatshrink on them ( so they don't look out of place among the mojo ) and I suspect that's where the problems lie. The fuzz tails off too rapidly... Worth some experimentation though as I suspect when it's right, it'll be epic.

Juansolo on Cleggy's iPad

raulduke

Hmm... I bet they are precision resistors.

I'll have a go, sub in what sounds good, and see what gives.

Can't really blame D.Main for hiding a little bit of his secret sauce fuzz recipes from us now can we :)

Quote from: marauder on April 25, 2013, 01:59:01 PM
Built the gb83 today as per the vero in the other thread. It ain't right. There are some guessed values on it as they're regular resistors with heatshrink on them ( so they don't look out of place among the mojo ) and I suspect that's where the problems lie. The fuzz tails off too rapidly... Worth some experimentation though as I suspect when it's right, it'll be epic.

juansolo

Indeed, I would have subbed some in myself if I hadn't made the board super tight as I only had a small bit of vero left :(

Quote from: raulduke on April 25, 2013, 02:04:41 PM
Hmm... I bet they are precision resistors.

I'll have a go, sub in what sounds good, and see what gives.

Can't really blame D.Main for hiding a little bit of his secret sauce fuzz recipes from us now can we :)

Quote from: marauder on April 25, 2013, 01:59:01 PM

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

bigmufffuzzwizz

Loving this much!! Fun little sound sample and top quality work inside and out!  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

marauder

Had a play with the GB-83 today. Swap the resistor from Q1 base to ground to something from the 39-47k sort of range. We stuck a pot on and turned sustain to max which squealed like hell, then adjusted the pot until the squeal went. Ours ended up at 42.4k. Sounds great!

I'll get it boxed up tomorrow.

Juan on Cleggy's iPad.