Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Korg to reissue the MS-20 monosynth

Started by stecykmi, March 06, 2013, 10:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stecykmi

cost: $600 USD

check out this review!

i have to say i'm very GASy for this synth. the cost seems very reasonable, it seems like a good way for people to get into the synth market.

RobA

Yeah, this is awesome. I can't wait. The price is really incredible for what it is. I can't imagine that they aren't going to sell out of these in minutes when they hit the street.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

raulduke

Yep I'm gonna get one for sure.

The price is really good for what is essentially an exact ms20 replica (only a tad smaller of course)

Nice to see some other synth nerds on the forum too!

stecykmi

Quote from: raulduke on March 07, 2013, 12:18:55 AM
Yep I'm gonna get one for sure.

The price is really good for what is essentially an exact ms20 replica (only a tad smaller of course)

Nice to see some other synth nerds on the forum too!

a replica but with the addition of midi which is nice.

synths are way cool, i use synths more than i do guitar these days. i mostly play softsynths, but i do have a sweet realistic MG-1. realistic is radio shack's old brand, but it was designed and built by moog.

raulduke

You can't beat a real analogue synth thats for sure.

My Moog Prodigy sounds much nicer and warmer than any softsynth.

The virtual technologies getting there though!

I also have one of these:

http://mutable-instruments.net/shruthi1

For anyone who is DIY capable, its a steal for such a powerfull synth.

RobA

I played with a bass player in the early 80's that had one of the Radio Shack Moogs. Quite cool sounding.

I have a DSI Tetra now, which while very nice sounding just doesn't have the fun patch cable and knobs aspect to it. This new old Korg is going to be very fun.

That Mutable Instruments site looks interesting. I've been wanting to get into synth DIY and I'm working on some projects using AVR microcontrollers. I may have to build one of these.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).