News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy short delay time

Started by ieatyouforbreakfast, December 25, 2010, 05:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ieatyouforbreakfast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrdml85ayOI

Aquaboy first, DM-2 second. Does it sound like I have a MN3008 or is there something wrong with the build? From what I've heard, the Aquaboy is supposed to have a longer delay time than DM-2's. If it's not the chip, what could it be?

Here's what my MN3005 looks like (ordered from UTSource):

jkokura

I couldn't tell from the video. Is there a way where you can actually try them out one right after another? Use a short patch cord in between the two pedals and just turn one on, play a bit, and then switch to the other and play the same thing?

jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

stecykmi

you should get about the same delay time from each... about 300ms, which is a third of a second.

if you're not, check the circuit around the clock driver. specifically, R20, 21, 22, the clock and delay pots.

you may be setting a trim pot too conservatively (ie, you can get more delay before distortion).

jiffy

Must be fake if you can't get more delay time out of it than that. You can push the delay time out a bit more than a stock DM-2, but if you push it too far you'll get a high freq whine - especially audible if you have a presence knob on your amp.

ieatyouforbreakfast

I set the trim pot as close as possible, but any micro-movement further and there would've been a terrible squeal.

Double checked every part on the populated board; everything's correct  ???