News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EAGLE question. How to put 2 effects on the same board but seperate them?

Started by BraindeadAudio, March 10, 2013, 02:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BraindeadAudio

Have a fairly in depth effect I need to draw as 2 effects on the same board, was wondering if it was possible to draw them as seperate schematics in the same file, then lay out the board and split them apart in the layout per side. It looks like it wants to route them all together though. Trying to do this to save a few bucks on making boards.

I recall my Aristocrat board was done this way if I am not mistaken.

Thanks in advance!

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

BraindeadAudio

How would I go about doing that, just lay them all out on the same layout and route it and it will split them? Ive never tried to do this before so I am not sure how it will work and how to do it.

DutchMF

If you laid out your schematics correctly, the only things it will want to connect together are the 9V and GND. The rest should stay separate, so you can just route all the traces as you normally would.

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

culturejam

Quote from: DutchMF on March 10, 2013, 09:09:43 AM
If you laid out your schematics correctly, the only things it will want to connect together are the 9V and GND. The rest should stay separate, so you can just route all the traces as you normally would.

^^ This.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

BraindeadAudio

Yes, buts parts of it are attaced to the VA/VB/VC/VD/VG... is there a way to split them? I might just make 2 seperate runs of boards anyways as the 2nd effect works well on its own.